Free activities in Sheffield for Children

Hi

I'm after some suggestions of new places we can take the kids in Sheffield. We had a wander around Norfolk Park, which is somewhere we've never been, last Sunday.

I've got Heeley City Farm on our 'to do' list, and Whirlow Brook Park, but has anyone got any recommendations? Free ideally, I just seem to have ran out of new ideas!

We're local to Rivelin/Loxley and have done many walks around S6/S10, but new suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Graves park and animal farm

Weston park museum

Bowden housteds woods

Fox house

Kelham island (not free)

Library

Canal

Eccy woods

Treasure hunt in city centre... Use street view to find some places to visit and make some clues up to direct to those points....

Graves park and animal farm

Weston park museum

Bowden housteds woods

Fox house

Kelham island (not free)

Library

Canal

Eccy woods

Treasure hunt in city centre... Use street view to find some places to visit and make some clues up to direct to those points....

Yes, I was going to mention some of those. There's also Bishop's House - check before you set off it's open though. Sometimes they run events too. You could go to Meersbrook Park afterwards, as it's just at the top of the park.

http://www.bishopshouse.org.uk/

There are sometimes activities at the saw mill in ecclesall woods I think. Forge Dam and café is nice, as is Endcliffe Park and café.

Thanks, for all your suggestions so far. Some we've done and loved and some are fantastic new ideas. I'll look out for the Rangers book, but Bishops House, a walk along the canal (we've only enjoyed both these places before we had children) and the treasure hunt idea are certainly up our street!