Help me with my wedding..

Hey,

Im planning my wedding for January 2017, Friday the 13th to be specific and I need your help guys.

Im new to the forum but someone told me it would be a brilliant platform for this.

I have the ceremony venue, the reception venue and the caterers.

The bits and pieces I still need to organise on a limit budget is the following:

Classic Car Rental preferably something classy or unusual.

A brilliant DJ that can play a mix of alternative and chart music for our guests.

A wedding cake - I have a few ideas for that.

Some information on dress shops that offer something a little different.

Help me out Sheffield Forum? Teach me your tips and tricks.

Thanks in advance, Holly xx

Edited by HollyNJay

• 2 weeks later...

The mods won't move a thread about weddings in to General Discussions.

In regards to dress shops that offer something different, my own experience is they are all similar as the tend to get their dresses for the same suppliers. I wanted a dress that wasn't white. I ended up with a bridesmaids dress from Debenhams.

Good suggestion from Love2print about dresses. Any shop selling prom dresses or gown for formal functions such as black tie events may have something. I have found a small shop in Worksop much better than the departments stores as I'm short so can't wear the super long length dresses in 'regular' shops such as you find in Debenhams.

I can't remember the road name of the shop in Worksop but can look it up if you are prepared to go there. It look so tiny from the front but the range of stock and sizes is amazing. Anything from mother of the bride, crusie 'do' wear, back tie dresses through to formal ball gowns and young girls prom dresses. Some of the dresses take three months if you are having something made rather than off the peg. It really is worth a look. They don't have a webaite but its called House of Elegance and its close to the market end of town not far from the department store of the corner. Their is a public car park just behind the row od shops.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure where your based but the cake shop on intake did my in laws cake for her wedding. She told him what she wanted and it was great! It had like a film from a camera around the sides of a cake with pictures of the bride and groom, themes at the top and was very cheaply priced.

Go in and get a quote, he's a great person x

• 2 weeks later...

Chocomoo are great for cakes - they taste amazing and she is very talented. My friend got married last year and her cake came in around £300 cheaper than other quotes.

Dress: Why not contact a dressmaker? It'd be original and probably less that an off the shelf one. Mine was £550 (8 years ago) and I basically designed it myself :D My sister is currently having hers made for her wedding this year :D

• 3 weeks later...