Why do people obscure number plates in car ads?

I could put number plates on my car which coppied the same as yours if it was same model and colour..allowing me to speed, park illegally, rob a bank, knock people over etc...the police would come knocking on YOUR door, not mine.

Yeah, but surely then you'd just point out that you were at work/gym/where-ever at the time and they'd go away ? Or am I being too gullible ? :|

Yeah, but surely then you'd just point out that you were at work/gym/where-ever at the time and they'd go away ? Or am I being too gullible ? :|

The person cloning your plates isn't too bothered about you having an alibi or not, the point of it is to enable them to get away with things.

I could put number plates on my car which coppied the same as yours if it was same model and colour..allowing me to speed, park illegally, rob a bank, knock people over etc...the police would come knocking on YOUR door, not mine.

I could do the same for any car I saw in a car park..….. People don't cover their plates up there...

I could do the same for any car I saw in a car park..….. People don't cover their plates up there...

It would be a lot more hassle to drive around looking for a car that's a similar year, same colour and same model as yours if you could just buy a copy of the auto trader instead.