Dronfield Woodhouse Cricket Club

sheff66

Dronfield Woodhouse Cricket club urgently require new players for the upcoming season ,

We have three teams playing on Saturdays Sundays and Wednesday evening and would welcome players of any age and ability

Please feel free to contact me direct on here for more details

Hi Sheff66,

I have just moved to Dronfield and would like to join a team who play at a decent Standard. I have played for many teams and remember many grudge matches against DWCC over the years. I recall the left handed opening bat you had a couple of years ago. He thought he was Brian lara however we knew how to get him as never moves his feet.

I now live within walking distance to your home pitch I thought you would be the perfect club. However having spoke to many locals in the pubs around Dronfield Woodhouse they have stated that the standard of cricket played at DWCC is poor now?

This was a little off putting? Hopefully was just hear say.

Thanks John

Edited by ledgesjohn81

Sounds like any team would be happy to have you John, only one person making out like they are Brian Lara around here.

On the basis DWCC haven't played at a great standard for quite a while (that meant as no insult at all, all teams are set up to cater for different levels of cricket) and you were playing them only a couple of years ago I don't think you are quite up to the standard you think you are.

If you are up to any sort of standard, teams would know you are on the lookout as they would know your name.

Think you need to reign yourself in a bit! And if you are on about the same opener as I assume you are, how you score your runs is irrelevant and he certainly scores enough!

Good luck for finding some new recruits, its certainly not an easy task!

Hi Sheff66,

I have just moved to Dronfield and would like to join a team who play at a decent Standard. I have played for many teams and remember many grudge matches against DWCC over the years. I recall the left handed opening bat you had a couple of years ago. He thought he was Brian lara however we knew how to get him as never moves his feet.

I now live within walking distance to your home pitch I thought you would be the perfect club. However having spoke to many locals in the pubs around Dronfield Woodhouse they have stated that the standard of cricket played at DWCC is poor now?

This was a little off putting? Hopefully was just hear say.

Thanks John

Local clubs.... Act quickly if you want to snap this fella up.

From the way he talks, can only be a matter of time before Yorkshire or England come calling for him.

lol Guys your right and its not easy to find players , in fairness we have loads of players for Sundays but are struggling Saturdays

Were a friendly bunch who realize were never going to be pros and play for the love of the game

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Sheff66, interested in joining a relaxed cricket team and this sounds great!, haven't played at any great level, but an avid fan and back yard cricketer! would it be possible to be get some more details of how to get involved? either here or on private message. Many thanks in advance, Sean.