Migrant crisis: Tax motorists to cover costs of refugees.

That doesn't surprise me but I have to question his motivation. It's like he's trying to get the uk to leave the eu. Is he getting paid by farage for this rubbish?

How does it affect a country that isn't in Schengen? The EU doesn't revolve around the UK oddly enough ;) The German article I read about this basically states this gentleman has an obsession with car-tax.

How does it affect a country that isn't in Schengen? The EU doesn't revolve around the UK oddly enough ;) The German article I read about this basically states this gentleman has an obsession with car-tax.

The Die Welde report suggested he was proposing an EU wide fuel tax not just within schengen. But clearly never going to happen. Clearly desperate times in the bunker in Berlin as the magnitude of the screwup dawns on them.

How does it affect a country that isn't in Schengen?
What has Schengen got to do with a potential tax-by-Directive? Since when are Commission Directives geographically bounded by Schengen? :confused:

As regards the never-going-to-happen brigade: this time last year there's a lot of events and developments which I'd have bet good money were never going to happen in years, if ever at all, comfortable as I was to rest my opinions and beliefs on decades of familiarity with slow-paced EEC/EU development hemmed in and steered by staid, rational and ultra-careful continental politicians...

...and yet, here we are :|

The EU doesn't revolve around the UK oddly enough
It shouldn't revolve around Germany's immigration policy either.

So long as it does (to all intents and purposes), I'll be supporting an out vote for the UK.

Objectively, looking at what's happening in terms of German and EU-influencing politicians (and boardroom appointments in migrant-themed charities throughout the EU all funded with €bns upon €bns of EU budget strangely all managed by Goldman Sachs), looking at the way the Greece and migrant crises have been (mis-)handled since this summer (and the ever clearer extent to which this appears deliberate, as the extent of the Rotherham-like PC-ism across the EU surfaces) and still...

...Brussels and Strasbourg aren't working in the EU nationals' best interests, and haven't for a long time.

All they have done is created a new industry, the refugee industry, as yet another outlet with which to siphon taxpayer resources with the usual bit of sleigh of hand help by Goldman Sachs. In that context, all €12bn of Germany's budget surplus is getting spent on refugees, meaning charities and similar services providers, instead of infrastructure benefitting German nationals.

Enough. Bring the house of cards down, scorch the earth, start again.

Edited by L00b

Because the guy was specifically saying if they don't do it then Schengen will die?

I think it's on its last legs anyway. Countries are enforcing border controls as and when they feel like it at the moment. This migrant thing isn't going to go away and come the calmer seas it will be back with avengence.

Because the guy was specifically saying if they don't do it then Schengen will die?
Schengen died de facto in late 2015: just about all Schengen-signed up EU Member States have re-established border controls to a greater (Hungary, France, Sweden, Denmark, <...>) or lesser (Germany, Austria, <...>) extent since.

As with so many other consequences of this summer's free-for-all: predictable, predicted, occurred.

It's gone, now just waiting for someone with the political balls to pronounce it.

It's completely pointless (not to mention, rather a grave insult to people with even a modicum of intelligence) making out that it's still around and could still be saved, especially by "more taxes".

What has Schengen got to do with a potential tax-by-Directive? Since when are Commission Directives geographically bounded by Schengen? :confused:

Do you think Cameron would pay for this? He'd immediately point at Schengen and laugh it off. Sorry, could have elaborated straight away I suppose.

[

It shouldn't revolve around Germany's immigration policy either.

So long as it does (to all intents and purposes), I'll be supporting an out vote for the UK.

Objectively, looking at what's happening in terms of German and EU-influencing politicians (and boardroom appointments in migrant-themed charities throughout the EU all funded with €bns upon €bns of EU budget strangely all managed by Goldman Sachs), looking at the way the Greece and migrant crises have been (mis-)handled since this summer (and the ever clearer extent to which this appears deliberate, as the extent of the Rotherham-like PC-ism across the EU surfaces) and still...

...Brussels and Strasbourg aren't working in the EU nationals' best interests, and haven't for a long time.

All they have done is created a new industry, the refugee industry, as yet another outlet with which to siphon taxpayer resources with the usual bit of sleigh of hand help by Goldman Sachs. In that context, all €12bn of Germany's budget surplus is getting spent on refugees, meaning charities and similar services providers, instead of infrastructure benefitting German nationals.

Enough. Bring the house of cards down, scorch the earth, start again.

Good news, it isn't about the German immigration policy, that is why this initiative has been shot down by practically everybody.

The only people who will pay for the immigrants are Germany and perhaps the Benelux/Grossdeutschland lapdogs.