Ballance of power, workers vs employers

Libertarians in the extreme tend to be very small Govt things. Defence, and that's about it really. Privatise everything else and make it very sink or swim...

Yes. I suppose on the other hand one needn't take that view as a capitalist. Although some do. A capitalist may be a libertarian, but may alternatively believe in a strong regulatory role for government.

Now a "free market capitalist" on the other hand would I suspect also be a libertarian.

I think it's a big problem that small businesses have a completely different business experience to that of the big Corporations who have the money and manpower to take most things in their stride. I can understand how a small business might struggle with every change and new bit of red tape.

So in that case would you class Gripple as a big corporation and Tata Steel as a small business?

Business regulations (many from the EU) make it harder for small businesses.

Regulatory compliance costs are subject to economies of scale.

Deregulation (no I don't mean no regulation at all) following Brexit would help rebalance competitiveness between corporations and SMEs.

I agree, but we do take enforcing regulations to nth degree. Unlike our counterparts on the continent.

I mentioned earlier in this thread the emerging "Gig Economy".

Apparently, in such an economy everybody is deemed to be an "individual contractor". The contractor is engaged to undertake a piece of work for which they receive a fixed sum. Consequently, the traditional social relationships between employer and employee no longer obtain . A wage economy withers away and with it the activity now known as wage labour. This peer to peer exchange replaces the worker versus employers relationship. And at a stroke ,we are all equal.

I mentioned earlier in this thread the emerging "Gig Economy".

Apparently, in such an economy everybody is deemed to be an "individual contractor". The contractor is engaged to undertake a piece of work for which they receive a fixed sum. Consequently, the traditional social relationships between employer and employee no longer obtain . A wage economy withers away and with it the activity now known as wage labour. This peer to peer exchange replaces the worker versus employers relationship. And at a stroke ,we are all equal.

Can't tell if serious??????