Low Valley, Barnsley

Which part of Low Valley ? Parts of it can be prone to flooding.

I worked near low valley for many years Wombwell is a very busy little town - rough as hell but the people in general are nice and polite though there are quite a few scrotes especially around the Butchers arms, but in general a bustling little place. Not much in Darfield quite depressing and as someone previously said the river Dove very prone to flooding.

There are worse places but take care where you actually pick.

Edited by mickyboy

I've lived in low valley for over ten years. The only time I've known it flood is when it flooded in Sheffield, but not all of it was flooded.

There are a few new build estates in the area as well as the older houses, so it depends exactly where you are looking at as to what it's like.

I've left the car unlocked with the key in overnight a few times (expecting to go out again, but not doing so) and it's still been there in the morning.

I'll also admit to getting home after a day at work and finding I've left the patio door and conservatory doors unlocked and wide open when I've gone out that way to put the bins out in the morning - and no-one has been in.