Government Priorities

My brother moved to Finland two years ago and.is given no choice but to learn the language I believe The FInnish Government fund the courses but if he doesn't attend the classes then he needs a serious excuse and if he fails one of the regular exams for a second time then he's out.Allied to this he has to attend finnish society and culture classes.muslim or non muslim this should be the norm.

I was told by someone in Queensland that this is the policy in Australia too. If you can't communicate in English with the social services you get nothing.

20 million is nothing ?

Bet you wish you had it in your bank account !

This is a great policy ?

Ask anyone who works in frontline services if they would rather have the money spent on educating migrants or for them to keep their jobs.

Ask the poor buggers whose homes have been flooded and they have lost everything whether the money should be spent on teaching migrants English, or spent on flood defences.

Just to put it in perspective the total government spending last year was around £750,000 million..

As I recall it 22% was the number that speak English badly and 8% speak no English.

Just checked again and it was 22% speak little or no English.

True, the word 'Muslim' didn't need to be used. Speaking English to a decent level is a must for anyone wanting to call the UK their home no matter where you come from, on the whole however this is a Muslim problem.

I employed a young Polish girl around 3 years ago and at that time she could just about get by, now however she speaks great English and even has a slight Yorkshire accent :hihi:

The difference however is that she actually did want to learn our language and there were no male family members or people in her church who were against her learning! She took no lessons, she simply learnt from those around her and in fact learnt mostly from watching the tv, soaps mostly :gag:

Integration only works when you truly do want to integrate.

The word Muslim did need to be used becayse this is a problem that effects Muslim women far more than any other type of person in this country. No other demographic has 22% non English speaking.

20 million is nothing ?

Bet you wish you had it in your bank account !

This is a great policy ?

Ask anyone who works in frontline services if they would rather have the money spent on educating migrants or for them to keep their jobs.

Ask the poor buggers whose homes have been flooded and they have lost everything whether the money should be spent on teaching migrants English, or spent on flood defences.

What a silly, silly thing to say.

I would like 20 million in my bank account because I am a person, not a country. 20 million is nothing for the world's 6th richest nation.

These people you mention aren't losing their jobs because of the 20 million spent in educating one of societies most vulnerable groups. The cuts are happening independent of this policy.

The same thing with flood defences.

Again, what a silly thing to say.