Look North and other News Channels Pecking order

PRESLEY

It's a Bullying system the News Channels use, they always put the new youngens on to read the news and weather at the weekends and people like Harry (Larry) Graison, Bill Turnbull, Sophie Rainworth, dont have to, instead make Angela Rippon and the other two of her side kicks reporting holiday rip off from Teneriefe do the news at the weekends if these old has beens want to be on telly that much.:roll:

Those 3 on Rip off Britain do look well past their best and covered in slap to the point they almost become top heavy.

Old age gets us all but i aim to glow old gracefully.

Then fart at the dinner table like most old uns do.

Judging by the orangeness of the presenters, particularly Gloria Hunniford, 'glowing old gracefully' is exactly what they are doing :hihi:

It's a Bullying system the News Channels use, they always put the new youngens on to read the news and weather at the weekends and people like Harry (Larry) Graison, Bill Turnbull, Sophie Rainworth, dont have to, instead make Angela Rippon and the other two of her side kicks reporting holiday rip off from Teneriefe do the news at the weekends if these old has beens want to be on telly that much.:roll:

Im confused by the point you are trying to make.

Hierarchy is the same in most organisations isn't it?

The senior grade and more established people take on the prime slots i.e. weeknights and flagships. The more junior and rookie ones get put on the off peak broadcasts on and graveyard hours on the news channels.

As for people like Angela Rippon etc - why should they present weekend news. They are no longer live news presenters. Have not been for some time. They are virtually in retirement.

Being a talking head on a lightweight consumer guff show a few episodes a year is vastly different from being an active full time news presenter.

Think of them as being almost put out to pasture.

Im confused by the point you are trying to make.

Hierarchy is the same in most organisations isn't it?

The senior grade and more established people take on the prime slots i.e. weeknights and flagships. The more junior and rookie ones get put on the off peak broadcasts on and graveyard hours on the news channels.

As for people like Angela Rippon etc - why should they present weekend news. They are no longer live news presenters. Have not been for some time. They are virtually in retirement.

Being a talking head on a lightweight consumer guff show a few episodes a year is vastly different from being an active full time news presenter.

Think of them as being almost put out to pasture.

You shouldn't be Confused really, why should there be an Hierarchy situation in News presenters, there all doing the same job, News Presenting, I think it is Bullying or summat like that making the Newbees work at the weekends, who wants to see Graisions mug every tea time, not me, as for Huniford and co are concearned they have had their day in the limelight, if at their age they still think they should be on Telly make em work at the weekends as Volunteers like most OAP'S do instead of sending them of to Teneriefe on Lisence payers money infact if I had my way I would put them in Suit bags with a load of Mothballs and hang them up in a Wardrobe at the BEEB, :hihi: