Psychoactive substances bill

Who are the government to say what we can and can't put into our bodies. Making these substances illegal drives the market into the underworld, where there's no quality control & and these often violent and careless gangs push poor quality, contaminated drugs onto minors. The war on drugs will never win until we have rational policies. It's outrageous

Sums up my views on this pretty well.

Decriminalise, legalise, regulate, tax, educate.

Who are the government to say what we can and can't put into our bodies. Making these substances illegal drives the market into the underworld, where there's no quality control & and these often violent and careless gangs push poor quality, contaminated drugs onto minors. The war on drugs will never win until we have rational policies. It's outrageous

I agree with you about people making their own choices in life, but there also needs to be regulation on what is sold to ensure that people are buying what they think they are, and it does what they think it does without any unknown side effects.

regulation fine...but please dont bring a blanket ban in! scientists cant even agree what is "psychoactive" or not or what is dangerous or what constitutes a 'legal high'.

All im saying is it requires much more debate! and much more attention as to what is on the exempted list.

regulation fine...but please dont bring a blanket ban in! scientists cant even agree what is "psychoactive" or not or what is dangerous or what constitutes a 'legal high'.

All im saying is it requires much more debate! and much more attention as to what is on the exempted list.

The trouble is regulation would put the whole market out of business. Imagine the costs involved when you bring a new drug to the market, it currently costs the pharmaceutical industry billions.

The current situation is wrong though, with herbal remedies/psychoactive substances being sold as food products or even as plant food on some websites to get around the pharmaceutical regulations, so there is no guarantee of quality, or even safety.

The trouble is regulation would put the whole market out of business. Imagine the costs involved when you bring a new drug to the market, it currently costs the pharmaceutical industry billions.

The current situation is wrong though, with herbal remedies/psychoactive substances being sold as food products or even as plant food on some websites to get around the pharmaceutical regulations, so there is no guarantee of quality, or even safety.

So fine ban these designer legal highs. But we have to first define what is and isnt a legal high. And what is dangerous or not.

Is a naturally occuring plant (in the coffee family) a 'legal high' because its pschoactive? because that is what the gov is saying.

But then coffee is psychoactive - are we going to ban that?

So fine ban these designer legal highs. But we have to first define what is and isnt a legal high. And what is dangerous or not.

Is a naturally occuring plant (in the coffee family) a 'legal high' because its pschoactive? because that is what the gov is saying.

But then coffee is psychoactive - are we going to ban that?

I'm not backing the governments position, I'm just sharing what I think about the subject.

It does seem that you're suggesting is that the drugs you sell should be allowed to have a different set of standards to the drugs other businesses sell, I think that's wrong

I agree 100% with giving people the choice over what drugs they decide to take within reason, but part of the that choice is also about giving the people as much information about the drug that their taking as possible and also giving them assurances over quality control.