Stock market crashing what does it mean to you

do you think? i am not 100% , how much further will the shares go down? i am looking to invest about 100K this 2 years. just thinking buying 2 houses to rent out or hopefully buy at right time for market to bounce back up
Shares are currently propped up by monopoly money and have not even begun their slide down!.....my guess is that a huge financial change is coming worldwide.

I am backing gold.......not paper gold though, but the real stuff! like the Chinese are buying in huge quantities quietly even though they produce huge quantities in their quest for world domination!

If the $ or £ or € collapse. Houses or shares will take a massive hit. will it kill the rental market? Massive inflation , what will happens to people on benefit? Will they be left to Strave on street, would council still pay housing benefit as I have a few rental house?

100k is not a lot of money in buying gold terms, what would your advice be to invest 100k?

Edited by Michaeldyn

I am backing gold.......not paper gold though, but the real stuff! like the Chinese are buying in huge quantities quietly even though they produce huge quantities in their quest for world domination!
Could you please explain how does one go about buying in "huge quantities" of such a fundamental investment option as gold "quietly", i.e. without pushing market prices correspondingly upwards? :huh:

100k is not a lot of money in buying gold terms, what would your advice be to invest 100k?
You're right, that's barely chump change. And since the end is nigh according to mossdog...coke and hookers, tbh :|

Actually, belay that...

What do people think about Bit Coins?

...coke and hookers with virtual, uncollateralled, never-never money that can fully disappear at the stroke of a mouse click or a server fart.

Winner! :thumbsup:

If the $ or £ or € collapse. Houses or shares will take a massive hit. will it kill the rental market? Massive inflation , what will happens to people on benefit? Will they be left to Strave on street, would council still pay housing benefit as I have a few rental house?

Currently I would sooner buy £100k of gold sovereigns than £100k of bricks and mortar.

The sovereigns will not attract any tax when you sell providing you keep within your annual capital gains allowance and infinitely less hassle and bills!

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 12:55 ----------

Could you please explain how does one go about buying in "huge quantities" of such a fundamental investment option as gold "quietly", i.e. without pushing market prices correspondingly upwards? :huh:

You're right, that's barely chump change. And since the end is nigh according to mossdog...coke and hookers, tbh :|

Actually, belay that...

...coke and hookers with virtual, uncollateralled, never-never money that can fully disappear at the stroke of a mouse click or a server fart.

Winner! :thumbsup:

"Could you please explain how does one go about buying in "huge quantities" of such a fundamental investment option as gold "quietly", i.e. without pushing market prices correspondingly upwards?

The gold price would have been much lower if the Chinese had not bought relatively huge quantities over the past five years! The bottom may now have been reached and gold is starting to climb.I just trust it long term more than fiat money or shares! You "sound" more knowledgeable so where would your £100k go?

If he bought it 2 years ago then he`s ahead of the game.

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-price-chart.do?currency=EUR&weight=kg&timeframe=5y

The link you posted is the price per kilo of gold in Euros.

The comment you made only applies if you bought gold with Euros. The appreciation is wholly due to the value of that currency. Buying in dollars would have lost you third of your money.

Making a simple mistake like that could cost someone a huge percentage of their savings.