Russia, anyone been

Don't go in car on foreign plates.

Have always some euros or dollars bills in low denominations.

Not in one pile so you don't have to show all your assets. Best don't show money anywhere.

You will have to buy your way out with those if ever get stopped by traffic police. Or regular police.

Officials are all corrupt, regular people are poor but friendly.

Don't go in car on foreign plates.

Have always some euros or dollars bills in low denominations.

Not in one pile so you don't have to show all your assets. Best don't show money anywhere.

You will have to buy your way out with those if ever get stopped by traffic police. Or regular police.

Officials are all corrupt, regular people are poor but friendly.

Crikey.......

Thanks for that Orzel, the plan was not to drive, just use taxis once we get off the plane, was thinking about Moscow or St Petersburg

Crikey.......

Thanks for that Orzel, the plan was not to drive, just use taxis once we get off the plane, was thinking about Moscow or St Petersburg

Moscow is fab I love their train stations and if you can go to the g u m centre for shopping .DONT let women buy you drinks as it's almost always a ploy to rob you eventually

Moscow is fab I love their train stations and if you can go to the g u m centre for shopping

How was the communication, i dont know a word of Russian, can many Russians speak English? wasnt planning on shopping if we get over, but may allow the lady a ten minute browse :hihi:

I lot of Russians I spoke to over there spoke better English than me .im going back over this Xmas

Can i ask where are you going, and who are you flying with?

from the little knowledge i have of the Russian people, mainly from the TV i may add and not personnel experience, that they may be anti gay and perhaps racist, and not as easy going as us westerners, with my partner being African, could i expect a slightly colder reception than most.?

I'm going back to Moscow first then over to st Petersburg then over to Yeltsa but that is in ucraine but not booked a flight carrier ,will do that near the time .i find if you stick to the tourist places people will just walk past you regardless of colour and unless someone tells them someone is gay etc they will never know .most rooms I've stayed in have twin beds as well so even harder for them to figure it out. I must also say make sure ALL your travel documents are in order as the immigration control don't mess about

Edited by rudds1

Russia is a big country with many ethnic minorities. They aren't any more racist then we are. If your partner won't be standing out like sore thumb in native African apparel they will not take any notice. Homosexuals were illegal some time ago and are not tolerated as much.