Better off on benefits than working

Life would not be better. I could cover rents and basic living costs.

I lost my job, thought there would be more help for those that want to better themselves.

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 11:17 ----------

As it stands id be 400 per month better off. The council are taking into account a high paid contract job and not current circumstances....crazy.

I wouldnt brother trying to start a new business now, the health and safety, H M Customs, vat, tax. it doent pay to work hard to start a new business. Good staff is hard to come by

tell me about it. Its a struggle. No sick pay, late payments...then the struggles with hmrc and council. You have to be a sadist to enjoy this life! Lol

Back to grindstone anyway...rant over.

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 11:33 ----------

Have you applied for working tax credits? Do you have any children?

Go to CAB if you want a benefit assessment.

Didnt you plan for all this when starting your business?

I got layed off from higher rate tax job. Not much time for planning. Even with tax creds id be better off on dole.

Still not going to give in...had some bad luck but aint going to let it beat me.

Crack on with it harry. There's no benefit to being on benefits these days. Work gives a sense if purpose, and never be envious of those who chose a life of benefits over a working life. Starting your own business will be tough, both financially and mentally, but you are working towards the rewards that self employment brings. Good luck to you, and keep batting on!!!

I got layed off from higher rate tax job. Not much time for planning. Even with tax creds id be better off on dole.

Still not going to give in...had some bad luck but aint going to let it beat me.

Are you sure? I thought that was the point of tax credits - making work pay.

You seem to need:

1. A proper benefits check to make sure they are calculating things correctly. You should check your tax credits again.

2. Maybe some business advice from something like chamber of commerce or confedration of small businesses. They might put you in contact with some training?

3. A proper assessment of your business plan.