Better off on benefits than working

You seem to need:

1. A proper benefits check to make sure they are calculating things correctly. You should check your tax credits again.

2. Maybe some business advice from something like chamber of commerce or confedration of small businesses. They might put you in contact with some training?

3. A proper assessment of your business plan.

The federation of small businesses will help you manage things and give you advice. What the OP needs is sales. A lot of problems melt away once stable cash flow flow kicks in.

If you have a new innovative and different idea, then definitely try to start a business. You shouldn't give up hope that easily! Also claiming jobseekers for example will never net you more than even working two full days a week. It's not hard to get a minimum wage job. Sorry if i've not understood what your trying to say!

What kind of system do we have when you work out you are better signing on than trying to build a small business...I dont understand this country.

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 11:04 ----------

They get everything paid for!

Why don't you forget about your small business and sign on instead? Live the easy life! Toss it off and get paid instead. Surely only an idiot would work for a living if there's the option of getting a free ride?

If you have a new innovative and different idea, then definitely try to start a business. You shouldn't give up hope that easily! Also claiming jobseekers for example will never net you more than even working two full days a week. It's not hard to get a minimum wage job. Sorry if i've not understood what your trying to say!

Jsa isnt the answer. I suppose i find it annoying that you can be better off once costs are applied to self employed earnings...surely the gov has to look at this.

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Why don't you forget about your small business and sign on instead? Live the easy life! Toss it off and get paid instead. Surely only an idiot would work for a living if there's the option of getting a free ride?

Are you serious? only so much day time TV i can watch! Lol

Jsa isnt the answer. I suppose i find it annoying that you can be better off once costs are applied to self employed earnings...surely the gov has to look at this.

I think a lot of the issue is why should the government support a loss making business? Plenty of people try to run a business with no idea of what they are doing (not saying this is you BTW) and make a loss. They can then claim tax credits to top up their salary but in reality that are sat at home doing very little to do with running a business and simply getting better benefits than jobseekers. The woman on Question Time a while back who was used as the pin-up girl for stopping tax credit changes was doing exactly this. Running a business that made no money, didn't really understand how to run a business other than the specific skill she was trying to sell.

Simply giving new business startups extra money isn't the answer. There does need to be far more support for new businesses, however it needs to be carefully done so as not to encourage more failing businesses which can leave suppliers and creditors out of pocket too.

What kind of system do we have when you work out you are better signing on than trying to build a small business...I dont understand this country.

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 11:04 ----------

They get everything paid for!

Running your own business is really really really hard work, especially so when you consider how few businesses make money in their first few years.

Have you thought of getting another job whist your business is getting off the ground? It'll take the pressure off the money situation.

---------- Post added 21-01-2016 at 13:14 ----------

Are you serious? only so much day time TV i can watch! Lol

Of course I'm not serious. You kow that. Working for yourself is a massive risk. It can take years is to turn a profit. It could all go tits us and you could lose everything. That's why there's a safety net in place to catch you. It's not an attractive way of life to live on benefits and dispute what you'd believe, very few people choose it as a way of life.