Better off on benefits than working

He needs to be in receipt of one of the following:

Have Parental responsibility for a child aged 5 or under*

Child Tax Credit

Disabled Child Premium or Element

Disability, Enhanced Disability or Severe Disability Premiums

Disability Living Allowance (For an adult or child within the household) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

Long term Incapacity Benefit

Pensioner Premium, Higher Pensioner Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium

I think he said he was single. Good spot though if he is eligible and he decides to go onto JSA.

My mistake, I did think anyone on a seriously low income would be able to apply. I'll read things more thoroughly next time. ��

Edited by Ms Macbeth

My mistake, I did think anyone on a seriously low income would be able to apply. I'll read things more thoroughly next time. ��

Not at all. It was a good spot and you were being helpful. Its really a point for the OP that such assistance tends to be on a limited basis and you have to jump hurdles to get it rather than it being generally available.

I've been self employed for all my working life I would not dream of working for anyone else,and I've never signed on, the council are a real pain to be honest and that is one reason why I gave up with shops and business premises a long time ago,online shops are the thing nowadays everything is online now.

I've been self employed for all my working life I would not dream of working for anyone else,and I've never signed on, the council are a real pain to be honest and that is one reason why I gave up with shops and business premises a long time ago,online shops are the thing nowadays everything is online now.

I agree. Its a superb time to be self employed. Its not easy to make a living online but it beats being in a dole queue!

You didnt get rent, council tax, NHS and a weekly payment to live off? you can even get energy bills subsidised if you ask.

Im not saying its a massive amount. Im just saying as a self employed person you get none of this or very little depending on circumstances.

No, we have our own home so it was just a small weekly payment, JSA for regular people who have always worked and just need a bit of help tiding over to the next job is pretty poor and the hoops you have to jump through to get it just get in the way of finding a new job. They may be helpful for people who've been out of work for a long time and are looking for any old job, but if you've actually had and want to continue a career they do nothing but take up your valuable time for nothing.

No, we have our own home so it was just a small weekly payment, JSA for regular people who have always worked and just need a bit of help tiding over to the next job is pretty poor and the hoops you have to jump through to get it just get in the way of finding a new job. They may be helpful for people who've been out of work for a long time and are looking for any old job, but if you've actually had and want to continue a career they do nothing but take up your valuable time for nothing.

I feel that...it works if you are a full time scrounger tho.