Putin / Alexander Litvinenko

Putin is a powerful man in Russia and that's it since Russia has almost no clout outside Russia.

Aside from its gas exports it has almost nothing that anyone else needs or wants, and their gas is only a matter of convenience in 2016. On top of that, Russia would be economically crippled if we stopped buying its gas, and its hardly got a brilliant economy now. Putin is just the one eyed man in the land of the blind and all it takes is a small geopolitical shift for him to be removed.

Russia saw him as a spy and a traitor. So they have reason to kill him. We do the same all the time as do all other powerful nations.

Russia are saying they haven't killed him,they are rubbishing the claims of the British enquiry,so either they are lying,as usual,or somebody else did.If they are lying,they are so powerful that they can't even man up to what they have done,but then they can't man up to what they did in Ukraine or Crimea either,so no surprise there........their answer to everything is to lie,lie and then when nobody believes a word they say,and rightly so,keep on lying.

Funny how the British government was going to let this all slide away as a distant memory and all of a sudden when Nato got angry with Russia they decided to investigate as a matter of urgency.

Not mud slinging? Seriously?

According to Wikipedia the accused were named a couple of months after his death along with the full details of how it was done. The government made an extradition request shortly after. I'm not sure how many investigations you'll need to consider it urgent as the accused still won't be coming to a trail any time soon.

I'm sceptical of what I read in the papers, I would need proof if Putin was personally involved - even for him to mention that Litvinenko was a traitor may have encouraged others to plan an assassination without linking Putin directly to it, that maybe how things are done with any leader.

('Will no-one rid me of this troublesome priest' - Becket and Henry II)

I'm sceptical of what I read in the papers, I would need proof if Putin was personally involved - even for him to mention that Litvinenko was a traitor may have encouraged others to plan an assassination without linking Putin directly to it, that maybe how things are done with any leader.

('Will no-one rid me of this troublesome priest' - Becket and Henry II)

Has he ordered an enquiry as to how radioactive material got from its home in Russia and into the streets of London without him knowing anything about it?......with his current worry about terrorist attacks on Russia,the ease that it walked out of its home and into the hands of killers should bother him