The new Moor what do you think.

I've never even heard of Untappd, should I have a look?

Haven't been to the Bath in years, and hardly ever been in the Cavendish, even when I was closer to student age.

Untappd is like Facebook for beer drinkers. Allows you to check in and comment on a beer (or cider) you have had, and look at who else is around and drinking what. You can add friends, leave comments, 'toast' people. Made a lot of good friends worldwide that way. The problem is it becomes addictive as you get 'badges' for achieving certain milestones, such as the number of beers, IPAs, locations etc you have. It's definitely NOT drinkaware.com!

I only go in the Bath when I see they have something decent on. Untappd was responsible for me getting a taxi from the Lescar to the Bath in order to grab a Jaipur X once. Cavendish is usually the starter pub when I want to see a footy match or the scores come in.

Edited by DnAuK

Untappd is like Facebook for beer drinkers. Allows you to check in and comment on a beer (or cider) you have had, and look at who else is around and drinking what. You can add friends, leave comments, 'toast' people. Made a lot of good friends worldwide that way. The problem is it becomes addictive as you get 'badges' for achieving certain milestones, such as the number of beers, IPAs, locations etc you have. It's definitely NOT drinkaware.com!

I only go in the Bath when I see they have something decent on. Untappd was responsible for me getting a taxi from the Lescar to the Bath in order to grab a Jaipur X once. Cavendish is usually the starter pub when I want to see a footy match or the scores come in.

So are any of these great pubs on the Moor which this thread is about?

I thought it had moved on the the virtues of Chesterfield?

Is that even English?

I'm assuming they are talking about places better to go drinking than the Moor. I prefer Chesterfield to the Moor as I'm unaware of any decent pubs on the Moor.However if we are out for a drink in Sheffield it would probably be to the many excellent pubs that are away from the city centre, particularly one's where you can park. I had an excellent Sunday lunch in Fagins just a few weeks ago. They do a fantastic all day breakfast, but it's not on the Moor.

Edited by foxy lady

Is that even English?

I'm assuming they are talking about places better to go drinking than the Moor. I prefer Chesterfield to the Moor as I'm unaware of any decent pubs on the Moor.However if we are out for a drink in Sheffield it would probably be to the many excellent pubs that are away from the city centre, particularly one's where you can park. I had an excellent Sunday lunch in Fagins just a few weeks ago. They do a fantastic all day breakfast, but it's not on the Moor.

Thanks, I have corrected that and I will tell Tom about your compliment when I call in on Saturday.

Thanks, I have corrected that and I will tell Tom about your compliment when I call in on Saturday.

No need. I told him myself whilst he regaled us with his usual tales.

I'm off to Chesterfield today. The market there is turned over to bric-a-brac stalls on Thursdays. I'm looking for a couple of beer engines.

Edited by foxy lady

I was in the swan a few days ago. The beers (12 handpumps as I recall) were virtually all from local brewers. 2 minutes walk from the market and lots of outdoor seating as well.

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 15:08 ----------

Not all of the population live in the same place. Actually Chesterfield is rather convenient for many, and that tram in Sheffield goes no where near the Moor anyhow. Who's idea was that?

You can ride the tram to near the top of Fitzwilliam Street and if your legs haven't lost the ability to walk, it's no more than five minutes to Moorfoot.

You can ride the tram to near the top of Fitzwilliam Street and if your legs haven't lost the ability to walk, it's no more than five minutes to Moorfoot.

That looks like more than 600 metres each way before you even get to the Moor. And how far to walk when I get off at the other end with my shopping? I just bought a pair of beer engines today at Chezzy Market. I'd really have loved lugging those up the hill to catch a tram.

Edited by foxy lady