The new Moor what do you think.

Oh..Beijing City..Do they still do the buffet there? Well it's not really a buffet 'cos the food isn't out on the side all the time..they bring you what you want from the kitchen..it's been really good the times we've been..

I've no idea. We went during a snow storm on that really bad Saturday about 2 weeks ago. We were going elsewhere but panicked and stopped there instead. The food was great. We just ordered the Saturday banquet for 4 and changed a dish on that. There was enough for 6 and nicely cooked. Staff very friendly too. The lad kept going out to check on the snow and giving us regular updates.

My husband was very impressed that they only charged £2.95/pint for lager.

That's odd because we eat and drink a lot in Sheffield. Just not in the centre. In the last few weeks we dined at Minnies in Stannington, The Riverside at Hillsborough, Fagins, Uncle Sam's, Swanky Frank's, Beijing City, Ferdinando's at Norton, The Harland, and Eggos. Mind you we did park outside each of them.

You're obsessed with driving everywhere.

You're obsessed with driving everywhere.

As we don't live in a terraced house in Woodseats with a bus stop outside what would you suggest as an alternative? What would be you suggestion for getting from Cowley to Minnie's and back with 2 young kids in tow?

Yeah, god forbid that you'd have to walk to the bus stop, lol.

Perhaps you just need to recognise that not everyone will only go to places where they can park outside.

We're all different.

I wouldn't know where there was a bus stop.

But on the plus side we can park a lot of cars. Which is handy when you deal in them.

But no decent restaurants or decent pubs on the Moor which is what this thread is about. So when I say we use the cinemas in Chesterfield because we can go to a decent pub and get fresh cooked food a couple of minutes away, the developments on The Moor are unlikely to change that.

If you went out of the back of the cinema onto Charter Row it would be what three minute walk to Devonshire street where there are a number of decent pubs which serve good food and there are a number of very good independent Chinese restaurants on the Moor. The Moor is not in isolation - feel like I'm repeating myself here.

For the record I wouldn't choose the Moor as my first choice for a film and meal either but it's an alternative, I like choice.

Edited by smiggs