Throwing sticks for dogs

smary

I recently read that it is dangerous to throw sticks for you dogs. I totally agree with this as my friends dog had a stick bounce up as it went for it and it punctured the dogs throat. I say use a rubber stick.

I saw an article in The Mail today on this subject. I've always thought it wrong to throw sticks for dogs to pick up and carry. I've seen many dogs trapped by the length of a stick not being able to get through a space.

I recently read that it is dangerous to throw sticks for you dogs. I totally agree with this as my friends dog had a stick bounce up as it went for it and it punctured the dogs throat. I say use a rubber stick.

Sounds like it was a stick with sharp pointing bits sticking out. Rather than blaming sticks per se (after all, dogs have been very happily chasing sticks for centuries, with fatalities being very rare indeed) would it perhaps be better to perhaps focus on the owner assessing whether a given stick is safe, or potentially hazardous?