How much time with your partner is enough?

I don't think that there's any 'right' answer to the question. When my OH was unemployed we spent the vast majority of the time in each other's company and that resulted in a fair amount of petty rows just because we were irritated with each other and that improved as soon as he got a job and some purpose back in his life, but at the other end of the scale, when he's on a run of nights and we barely see each other we both comment (in our rare moments of meeting) that we miss each other's company.

What's right for us may not be right for anybody else though, so the only answer that is valid is 'however much feels right for both of you'.

first year about 70% of free time then it scales down to 10% when the silly cow takes you for granted and moans all the time. which is about 3 years

the more you moan or ask for more attention, the less you will get.

man dont enjoy fishing . going to pub, watch football, or play video games. its just an excuse to get away from moaning other halfs.

Just because you cook, wash, clean for you, he automatic belongs to you it is not like that, we are free to do what we like.

You must be in a very happy relationship and clearly qualified to give advice to others!

Anything from 1 day to every day.

depends on the couple.

---------- Post added 24-01-2016 at 10:29 ----------

I don't think that there's any 'right' answer to the question. When my OH was unemployed we spent the vast majority of the time in each other's company and that resulted in a fair amount of petty rows just because we were irritated with each other and that improved as soon as he got a job and some purpose back in his life, but at the other end of the scale, when he's on a run of nights and we barely see each other we both comment (in our rare moments of meeting) that we miss each other's company.

What's right for us may not be right for anybody else though, so the only answer that is valid is 'however much feels right for both of you'.

Ive found its nice to miss each other. I used to have a girlfriend id only see on occasional weekends. That worked.

I live with my partner and we both work from home. However, we both have our own space in the house and have many separate interests. We generally have breakfast and dinner together and a 'date night' once a week. It works well for both of us.

I knew a couple who were basically like post #2.

Weekends together, maybe a stopover mid week, but other than that lived alone. This went on for maybe 6 years. And they both seemed really happy with each other.

Then they thought about it - sold one house and moved in together ... no mortgage, saves on household bills, saves time and petrol, all sounds good.

Within 6 months they split up. The little things they might have done differently were tolerable when it was for the odd day and in the other person's house, but once they lived together these "little things" manifested themselves into continuous bickering and eventually a breakdown in the relationship.

If it works, don't try to fix it