Man ordered to tell police if he plans to have sex - is this fair?

'Sexual Risk Orders were introduced in March last year and can be applied to any individual who the police believe poses a risk of sexual harm, even if they have never been convicted of a crime. They have a minimum duration of 2 years and can last indefinitely.'

What I find just as alarming is that this can be introduced with no debate and no one knowing about it.

What with that, and Secret courts, we should all beware the creeping power of the State.

sounds good to me, no smoke without fire and if it helps save someone from assault thats a good thing? creeping powers of the state???? really? secret courts:hihi::hihi: you been watching too much on conspiracy tv shows:roll:

A link to the Guardian crikey - the self proclaimed forum oracle speaks.

Was there supposed to be some meaning in your post?

Because I can't actually find any.

What is you want to know about "secret courts" that google can't tell you? Other sources than the guardian are available of course, that's just the first one on the list.

---------- Post added 23-01-2016 at 12:40 ----------

sounds good to me, no smoke without fire and if it helps save someone from assault thats a good thing? creeping powers of the state???? really? secret courts:hihi::hihi: you been watching too much on conspiracy tv shows:roll:

So if I accuse you of a crime, by your logic, you've probably committed it.

Smoke, fire, etc...

I think its a bad law and as others have already stated also a way of increasing the creeping power of the state.

It will also probably be challenged under the Human Rights Act.

How many people on SF actually plan ahead when they want sex?

Without derailing the thread I see that the government has also had to back down on the CRB/DBS checks for being "arbitrary and unlawful"

Edited by apelike

I'm all for measures to try to reduce rapes but I can't see what this achieves except a worrying removal of someone's rights who has committed no crime (at least not been found guilty of one in a court, not always the same thing).

It's very easy to see how this law could be exploited by someone to make another person suffer. Make up a rape allegation and even if cleared you still have to submit to this.

I think its a bad law and as others have already stated also a way of increasing the creeping power of the state.

It will also probably be challenged under the Human Rights Act.

How many people on SF actually plan ahead when they want sex?

Without derailing the thread I see that the government has also had to back down on the CRB/DBS checks for being "arbitrary and unlawful"

Interesting apelike. Do you have a link? I'm genuinely interested in what this is about.

So what about women who say they have been raped then it is PROVED they haven't can they be given the same punishment. The no smoke without fire saying is one of the most stupid saying I have ever heard.

the small percentage that this happens to is far outweighed by getting attackers off the streets and dealing with serial offenders:roll: