Man ordered to tell police if he plans to have sex - is this fair?

Obviously more to this story for the courts to impose what they have, probably a bit like known thieves where unless they are caught with the goods in the hand can't be prosecuted.

So maybe this defendant got away on a technicality but with the nature of the offence has had this ruling put on him.

Obviously more to this story for the courts to impose what they have, probably a bit like known thieves where unless they are caught with the goods in the hand can't be prosecuted.

So maybe this defendant got away on a technicality but with the nature of the offence has had this ruling put on him.

Which is fine if we want to dispense with trials and just put anyone we think is probably a bit dodgy under house arrest. But it would be a rather large departure from how we normally do things here.

Which is fine if we want to dispense with trials and just put anyone we think is probably a bit dodgy under house arrest. But it would be a rather large departure from how we normally do things here.

With the nature of the offence it's probably a good decision.

As I said there must be a lot more to the story.

So what about women who say they have been raped then it is PROVED they haven't can they be given the same punishment. The no smoke without fire saying is one of the most stupid saying I have ever heard.

I totally agree with you. I know of a female (a few years ago albeit) who accused a man of raping her only to say later (when she was told the case was going to court) that she had made the claim up because her boyfriend found out that she had slept with someone else and she didn't want to admit to cheating on him. I don't think the guy she accused has ever properly recovered from it.

With the nature of the offence it's probably a good decision.

As I said there must be a lot more to the story.

The only 'offence' we know about is a rape hes not been convicted of twice. Would you be happy for a CC to label you guilty if something having had two aquitals?

We don't know if the man has been convicted of similar offences in the past only that he has not been convicted twice . If I was a betting person , given the age of the man, I would put money on that he has served considerable time in prison after being convicted of rape in the past . Clearly the authorities believe he is guilty regardless of the court's verdict .

We don't know if the man has been convicted of similar offences in the past only that he has not been convicted twice . If I was a betting person , given the age of the man, I would put money on that he has served considerable time in prison after being convicted of rape in the past . Clearly the authorities believe he is guilty regardless of the court's verdict .

That's not how it works is it.

They might believe that privately, but if they do anything that suggests publicly it then he can sue for slander or libel.

That's not how it works is it.

They might believe that privately, but if they do anything that suggests publicly it then he can sue for slander or libel.

The man's name has not be revealed .

The Court's 'sexual risk order ' suggests the authorities believe he is guilty . My guess the person in question is not going to sue anyone and more than likely thinks he's lucky to be still walking the streets .

No it's shocking. Further more, unless there's an alarm on his winkle and he's not very discrete how will the old bill know? If he's really a danger - name him. If I was in shoes and totally innocent Id seriously consider going to the papers anyway.

I agree. If hes a danger name him so others can be safe. Otherwise leave him alone to get on with his life.