TV licence thread

im another one who don't pay the licence :roll:. what I also don't agree with is why shops selling tv s inform the bbc that you bought a tv from them. what right have they got to have this privilege :suspect:. I wonder how long the bbc would last as a subscription channel here :hihi:

I'm no sure they do anymore, but the reason was becayse they were required to by law.

You dont have to pay the licence if you dont watch live TV.

Do you watch live TV at any time during the year?

Haha, so it is. Fancy being so silly to pay for things I use when the law says so. Maybe I'll start shoplifting or something. Victimless crime innit. Stick it to the man and all that.

Then moan when the thing I'm not paying for gets more expensive, or gets worse.

Do you pay for Sky TV? You can get it for free illegally you know.

Live streaming online, millions watch that, suppose there all freeloaders aswell :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 19:13 ----------

im another one who don't pay the licence :roll:. what I also don't agree with is why shops selling tv s inform the bbc that you bought a tv from them. what right have they got to have this privilege :suspect:. I wonder how long the bbc would last as a subscription channel here :hihi:

careful standing up for your rights, you have to do what the law says under any circumstances or it's theft! :hihi:

Also its worth remembering your license fee goes on paying 'top' talent, like £16 million Jonathan Ross & Graham Norton...money well spent.:hihi:

That old Chestnut eh?

NEWSFLASH!! Jonathan Ross has not been any major presence on the BBC for 7 years now.

As for Graham Norton his show is still pulling in an average of 4-5 million viewers each episode and its distributed to 15 countries around the world.

Big talent earns big money. Hardly rocket science.

Live streaming online, millions watch that, suppose there all freeloaders aswell :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 19:13 ----------

careful standing up for your rights, you have to do what the law says under any circumstances or it's theft! :hihi:

You aren't standing up for your rights at all. You are using a service other people pay for free. Find another word for it than theft but it's unlawful. And a bit sad you think it's something to be proud of.

I'm no sure they do anymore, but the reason was becayse they were required to by law.

You dont have to pay the licence if you dont watch live TV.

Do you watch live TV at any time during the year?

why were they required to by law (now think about this before you answer and why was it brought in ) for heavens sake your buying a telly :roll: I watch live tv especially the boxing all for free too :hihi:

why were they required to by law (now think about this before you answer and why was it brought in ) for heavens sake your buying a telly :roll: I watch live tv especially the boxing all for free too :hihi:

Well you tell me and what your point is. Ive just looked it up on Hansard.

Im more interested in what your point is. I've thought about it. Ill post later when youve made your point. Am sure you cna find it yourself.

my point is that why do shops have to inform tv licencing that you bought a tv as you say it is the law why is it the law?

my point is that why do shops have to inform tv licencing that you bought a tv as you say it is the law why is it the law?

It was the law its contained in S2 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967. It was a very different world back then.

It was a way of informing the Post Office, as it then was, about people who had become owners of TVs or new renters and thus were liable to pay for a licence. They had 28 days to do so.

Wouldnt that be pretty obvious?

What's your point?