TV licence thread

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

How many bbc workers/pundits are in Aus,on Friday they were harping on how they were looking forward to walking the bridge.

They can't win tbf, had they sent nobody the Daily Mail would be going off about how disrespectful it is etc. 

Also what do you want them to do, it's three full days between final semi final and the final, they are hardly going to fly them home in between, fair play if they are doing fun things. Of course you probably think they should sit in the hotel room doing nowt I between, I assume? 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just watching 'Match Of The Day' with BBC paid £1.5 million paid Gary Lineker & £500,000 paid Alan Shearer discussing yesterday's Liverpool game. 

Lineker, "Controversial red card Alan?" 

Shearer, "Yes but it was a red card but a soft one." 

On the Tottenham game.   Lineker,  "Was it a yellow?". Shearer, "It was a soft one but I agree, it was a yellow." 

On Sheffield United:s game.  Lineker, "Your thoughts Alan?".   Shearer, "You fail to score enough goals, you don't get any points out of a game."  No s***, Sherlock! 

And I'm contributing £159 towards this tripe?   

When Lineker was suspended by MOTD a few months ago & the likes of Shearer came out in sympathy with him, did we really miss them? 

Do we tv football following supporters really need this 5 min 'insightful' analysis of each game we've just watched or could we save the BBC £2 million? 

If it's that simple, why aren't you doing it? :suspect:

Just now, Magilla said:

If it's that simple, why aren't you doing it? :suspect:

Making TV in costing money shocker. Surprised he hasn't suggested all news programmes should be read out by a robot, or all sporting events can be easily filmed and enjoyed by one camera only with no commentary. In black and white. 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

They can't win tbf, had they sent nobody the Daily Mail would be going off about how disrespectful it is etc. 

Also what do you want them to do, it's three full days between final semi final and the final, they are hardly going to fly them home in between, fair play if they are doing fun things. Of course you probably think they should sit in the hotel room doing nowt I between, I assume? 

Work harder,they don’t need 20 reporters,5 is sufficient.

5 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

Work harder,they don’t need 20 reporters,5 is sufficient.

Gosh, is that based on your experience from working in TV? 

Also, they don't have 20 "reporters" out there. Watch the credits at the end if you don't believe me. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Also, they don't have 20 "reporters" out there. Watch the credits at the end of you don't believe me. 

Says one who has also never worked in TV,  but it doesn't seem to stop him from being knowledgeable in the subject.

or is that another tongue in cheek remark that supposedly,  leaves everyone in fits.

Everyone knows that they have far too many reporters , correspondents, whatever they like to call them.

Everyone knows that they don't need Lineker & Shearer to tell them something that every fan over the age of ten already knows.

They also don't need to waste money standing outside No 10 when talking about the PM or Buck Palace or Windsor when talking about the king.

How many times do they send outside broadcast to stand on Westminster Green to tell us some political tit-bit that they could have told us in the studio ?

They waste money as if it grows on trees.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ah so don't spent money whatsoever. Got it. 

Maybe they should just broadcast the test card 24 hours a day. 

You know this how? You don't know me. 

Try me

I know you don't have the intelligence for a start or you wouldn't think your schoolboy smart remarks are in any way funny.

Only you were stupid enough to say don't spend any money whatsoever.

Is that how you budget at your house ?  spend the lot or spend nothing at all ?   No,  you just cut back like sensible people.

Like the BBC should.

Edited by Organgrinder

36 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Try me

I know you don't have the intelligence for a start or you wouldn't think your schoolboy smart remarks are in any way funny.

Only you were stupid enough to say don't spend any money whatsoever.

Is that how you budget at your house ?  spend the lot or spend nothing at all ?   No,  you just cut back like sensible people.

Like the BBC should.

They have, license fee rises have been less than inflation. 

Oh and the number of "reporters" shown in the credits at the end of the coverage a bit ago? Zero. 

If people think 2m on Lineker and Shearer is a lot for the BBC to be stumping up, you better not go and look at how much they stump up to get the PL highlights rights, they would have a hernia 😂😂

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Also, they don't have 20 "reporters" out there. Watch the credits at the end if you don't believe me. 

No it’s based on a cameramen I know who’s there.