TV licence thread

The free TV license for over 75s was a government introduced measure with the cost borne from taxation.

For some reason this cost must now be paid by the BBC.

Personally I think that TV without the BBC channels would be largely unwatchable so despite its shortcomings,and some of the red herrings above,let them strive to improve to higher standards and run their own business.

If they wish to ask those who can afford to pay to do so,fair enough but I can't see them getting a worthwhile response.

Will the government also be planning for the fuel sector to pay pensioners the winter fuel allowances?

It started at uni, when the licensing goons wanted every room to buy a TV license...since that day never purchased one & never will.

I heard that TVL still do this but my Uni days are long behind me so i couldn't say for sure.

I was at a friends recently and they turned up then. Oh My GOD! The lies this guy told my friend at the door were incredible. Some funny but most distressing when you consider not everyone is as confident at dealing with doorstep salesmen and pests as my friend is. Im sure TVL know the methods used by Capita but i think they just don't care.

You miss out on some good TV, radio and web service - unless you're a big hypocrit of course.

A lot of its twaddle though ;)

Rarely watch live TV. I watch MOTD on catchup.

Refuse flat out to pay for strictly come dancing!

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 12:17 ----------

Why would I want to look you up?

No idea. You asked the question bud.

P.S Having defended the BBC to some extent I must say that the letters sent out by the licensing authority are the most threatening ,offensive and unhelpful communications I have come across.My own experiences followed the purchase of a caravan for which they relentlessly demanded a license.