TV licence thread

According to the figures provided by Arnold -  after nine years of increasing, there is one year of a drop. 

Apparently this is evidence of a downward trend?

I must confess it's a few years since I studied statistics but I didn't realise I was that far out of touch with the latest statistical terminiology.

26 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

According to the figures provided by Arnold -  after nine years of increasing, there is one year of a drop. 

Apparently this is evidence of a downward trend?

I must confess it's a few years since I studied statistics but I didn't realise I was that far out of touch with the latest statistical terminiology.

Exactly my point.

They aren’t my figures.  I got them from the link that Car Boot provided.  However, he took out most of the data when he copied it here.  Poor form. 

Edited by Arnold_Lane

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

If current trends continue then nobody will have a licence in 137 years. Bit late for Car Boot, apelike and retep to celebrate 🥂

If current trends continue there will be no BBC to watch the lefty's will have to find another means of a propaganda outlet.

12 hours ago, Longcol said:

If current trends continue then nobody will have a licence in 137 years. Bit late for Car Boot, apelike and retep to celebrate 🥂

Why should I celebrate? I don't care if people do or don't have a TV license as I don't watch it or need one myself.

9 hours ago, apelike said:

Why should I celebrate? I don't care if people do or don't have a TV license as I don't watch it or need one myself.

So you keep reminding us...........................................................

Odd way of showing you don't care.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Odd way of showing you don't care.

Why? I am simply pointing out the legal fact that some may not need one despite some on here making out they do.

Quote by pettytom post #725...

"Just pay your dues like the rest of us."

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

Why? I am simply pointing out the legal fact that some may not need one despite some on here making out they do.

But, if you owe £0 , then you are paying your dues by paying nothing

On the other hand, if you want to watch live tv, you have money to pay for a licence. That would also be your dues, if it applies.

Its quite a simple concept really. Use it, pay for it.

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

Aimed at Carboot, our self proclaimed Marxist / Leninist / Corbynist who somehow always seems to support the Rees-Moggist agenda.

11 hours ago, retep said:

If current trends continue there will be no BBC to watch the lefty's will have to find another means of a propaganda outlet.

So when's that going to happen based on the figures in #749?

BTW I don't suppose you've watched Beeb news going along with the "channel invasion" agenda - lefty propaganda naturally 😎