TV licence thread

Yes it is. What would be the solution?

I'm expecting something along the lines of an internet license. i.e. everybody who has home broadband or a mobile with internet capability should pay a three figure yearly "license fee" for having internet access whether they use the BBC or not.

No, it'll probably be registration based, fill in your name/address/email - and it verifies if there's a valid license under that name at that address etc...

that's how i'd imagine it at least...

No, it'll probably be registration based, fill in your name/address/email - and it verifies if there's a valid license under that name at that address etc...

that's how i'd imagine it at least...

That would make complete sense.

Which is why it won't happen. It would be a step toward a subscription based system and away from the current tax.

Yes it is. What would be the solution?

I'm expecting something along the lines of an internet license. i.e. everybody who has home broadband or a mobile with internet capability should pay a three figure yearly "license fee" for having internet access whether they use the BBC or not.

Dunno, but it will need to be something technology led. Probably something that password protects it and logging into an account would link you up to your licence details. Alternatively make it akin to netflix.

The negotiation of the new charter will be a pain and exhausting if the BBC wants to maintain its current revenue levels.

Well they manage to prosecute 3000-4000 a week.

I dont see why the magistrate has to be dumb to grant them a warrant for reasonable supsicion. Still doesnt alter the point that if they get a warrant then that permits them to enter your home, so your advice of not saying anything only causes a temporary delay.

:hihi: where do you get those figures from

If they have a warrant, then its not uncommon for them to have a policeman accompany them to make sure its enforced. How did you not know this?

No...how do they get evidence? Because to get a warrant you've got to got to go through courts....They don't just hand warrants out to anybody.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 21:15 ----------

Care to explain? Because its ambiguous at best.

You are ambiguous. .you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.