Burns Night. Do you do it?

How popular is it? We had the statuary haggis, neeps and tats for tea with a touch of whiskey included, and it was very enjoyable. Are these traditions dying off because as I have been asking around nobody knew that it is actually Burns Night. I am not Irish but I just like to celebrate events. Cheers;)

I had the whisky, but gave the haggis a miss this year

I'm not Irish either, but Burns was a Scot so I'm not sure why that matters

I'm not aware it was ever "celebrated" that much south of the border other than by Scots and those with Scottish ancestry and/or relatives

Weird, I would have thought you were indeed Irish just because you were celebrating Burns night as someone with a Yorky username. As far as I am concerned the Irish celebrate anything. For the rest of the world Burns night is mainly a Scottish thing, you know, Scotland, where they spell it whisky instead of the Irish who spell it whiskey?

I can't forget Burns night, it is sandwiched between my birthday and Australia day. Personally I don't celebrate any but if I had to pick one it would be Burns night. Mum was so grieved that she couldn't hold out for one more day so I would have been a Burns baby. I vaguely remember the true Burns night celebrations at Grandma's house in Aldershot. Strange men in tartan berets reciting slabs of poetry from memory, the smell of whisky and cigars. And Auld Lang Syne. Unforgettable.