Advice re buying car - Evans Halshaw

Having the cash in your hand to buy a car will help in your negotiations with the car dealer, but its not as important as some claim. Remember the likes of Evans Halshaw will receive a kick back from finance companies when they sign you up to their car loan, so the salesman will not only make a commission on the sale of the car, but will also receive a commission from the finance company too.

Usually the better deals are ones associated with finance, you'd expect a little bit of movement on buying a second-hand car, although the big volume players pretty much price everything as low as they can go anyway and expect to shift large numbers to make their money.

Don't believe all the rubbish you see on TV, if you go in and offer the guy half what it's up for you'll probably find yourself being asked to leave.

That's a better option if the loan is a reasonable one, like a bank.

Sell the car privately, then go in with the cash from the loan. You will be able to offer what you want.

It MIGHT be a better option, it isn't automatically. Just compare the APRs.

Having the cash in your hand to buy a car will help in your negotiations with the car dealer, but its not as important as some claim. Remember the likes of Evans Halshaw will receive a kick back from finance companies when they sign you up to their car loan, so the salesman will not only make a commission on the sale of the car, but will also receive a commission from the finance company too.

The last time I inquired about their finance there were fees for setting up the finance, and a fee at the end.

Not blind faith the hard copy of the check list stated the items where there. EH being the large concern it's supposed to be you don't expect this. Why do you think I was warning the original questioner? Clever aren't you. Dohhh!

And yes, I do think you work for EH

Now you sound ridiculous.

I can appreciate you sharing your anecdote, and L00b has shared his.

But he's a regular poster and a lot of people know what industry he's in. And it isn't the car sales industry.