Daye:- 'donate as you earn'

What would you do?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• No
    • Yes

Yeah, I'll give you that one. However, since you've called me out on it, I'll also take this opportunity to suggest you double check your own posts before pressing the submit button.

Again, so called 'sensible people' make stupid decisions (usually for misguided reasons) every single day. Stupidity is woven into our genetic make-up, it's what makes us susceptible to making poor decisions for the wrong reason. But, what is it that deters us from making good decisions for selfless reasons?.. It's not stupidity, that I'm certain about.

To agree with your proposal someone would have to agree with the following

A) This and future governments rather than myself should decide which charities my money is given to.

B) 10% of my salary is the 'correct' amount of my money that should be given to charity, forever, regardless of my personal circumstances or world events.

Hence its a stupid idea that would only appeal to stupid people.

The entitlement doesn't change the generosity inherent within the funding.
which none of us can take credit for since its subsidised by taxes automatically deducted from salaries. A tax that we would've opted out of had we been given the chance.

---------- Post added 28-01-2016 at 20:00 ----------

To agree with your proposal someone would have to agree with the following

A) This and future governments rather than myself should decide which charities my money is given to.

B) 10% of my salary is the 'correct' amount of my money that should be given to charity, forever, regardless of my personal circumstances or world events.

Hence its a stupid idea that would only appeal to stupid people.

What's your point? World events constantly affect the percentage of tax we pay. The only real issue is how much disposable income we have left after tax. It boils down to money management and living within your means.