Cigarette brands in the 50's & 60's

TORONTONY

I seem to remember buying some in little paper 3 packs, called Dominoes, smaller than a Park Drive, only school kids bought them ,I think.

Well Brian ,I also started in the late 50's, but smoked a few more years longer than you and my lungs are not too clever(copd). Mind you I was working in the metal fabrication business until age 69, so that didn't help either. Luckily I am not bad enough to need oxygen, but I need my inhalers( puffers). If we only had known when we were kids, we would never have gone near the bloody things, but then again would we still have done it?, probably LOL

-------------

Hi Torontony, You and me are a pair together i have what you have, i

have 3 inhalers and i worked in steel works in Sheffield so its all added

**** we've swollowed. :gag::gag::suspect:

I seen an old tin plate sign a few years ago it said " Smoke black cat there good for you" How the times have changed. I remember park drive, we called them parkie roughs as kids. Capstan full strength, and some French cigs called Gitanes. Can any one remember in the 1970s when they started mixing NSM in most cigs to make them a lower tar? Here is a little background about NSM. http://alancalderwriting.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/nsm-new-smoking-materials.html

To use modern jargon, you were a smoking APP. When were you uninstalled?:D If at all that is.

Modern jargon!! I served my apperentiship jumping from one brand to another and finally settled between Park Drive and when I was flush, Players.

Modern jargon!! I served my apperentiship jumping from one brand to another and finally settled between Park Drive and when I was flush, Players.

My regular shopping on the way to work in the sixties, ten Park Gate, box of sticks and a sack of taters.

Pretty much the same here except my weekenders were Gold Flake, after I started working. Could only afford the odd 5 of park drive while at school, and that was with my Star delivery money.

Pretty much the same here except my weekenders were Gold Flake, after I started working. Could only afford the odd 5 of park drive while at school, and that was with my Star delivery money.

----------------

Hi Torontony, Can you remember a name called cig or rettes i think thats

how it looked on packet, it was a dark tobacco with a brown cig paper,

it was a tip ciggy and menthol. i smoked them offen.

In around 1964/65 a brand of cigarettes were brought out at 2/- for twenty, they were `Orrible the tobacco in them was replaced by dried lettuce leaves, if you managed to smoke one full cigarette you were a very brave smoker.

Edited by lazarus