Noisy wind chimes

I know it's been mentioned before but has anyone Got any info on how I can get my nabours noisy metal wind chimes taken down I'm not one to complain but these wind chimes in qwestion are really starting to get on my nerves now last night they kept one of my kids up most of the night I've ask my nabour if they could possibly take them down I even offered them the money to pay for it as I didn't want them to be out of pocket but they refused.

I know some people will say just climb over and take them down but I'm not one for damaging other people's stuff I'd really rather not fall out with my nabour over this but I don't no what to do its also impossible to have a nap now in my own living room in silance when there is the slightest breeze out side.All you can here is wind chimes clanging away in the background.

Any sensible comments would be appreciated thanx.

I feel your pain! I had the same problem last year. I had to resort to removing them myself. I put them in there bin on the morning the bin was emptied. I could not sleep with the window open! It was alright for my neighbor they slept other side of there house.

Can't you ask them to put them up only when they are outside? I love wind chimes but some can make too much noise. What sort are they? Perhaps you could offer to swap them for a different type. The very large bamboo pipe ones make a much deeper noise and the noise doesn't seem to carry as much.

In this wind they won't last long anyway (hopefully). I don't leave mine up all the time because of the risk of damage but the noise doesn't sometimes get on my nerves.

@chez2 there the metal type ive never herd nothing so annoying I'm dreading summer when I'm spending more time on the garden I'm getting more and more annoyed by these wind chimes a can see me saying <REMOVED> it & jumping the fence and taking them down my self but as I said I'm not one to damage other people's stuff but I really don't no what to do I even considered paying someone to take them down ����

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 09:02 ----------

I feel your pain! I had the same problem last year. I had to resort to removing them myself. I put them in there bin on the morning the bin was emptied. I could not sleep with the window open! It was alright for my neighbor they slept other side of there house.

I'm happy to see that someone feels my pain Tim there doing my head in i know how petty this sounds but thre so annoying it's unreal

Edited by nikki-red

@chez2 there the metal type ive ne ver herd nothing so annoying I'm dreading summer when I'm spending more time on the garden I'm getting more and more annoyed by these wind chimes a can see me saying <REMOVED> it & jumping the fence and taking them down my self but as I said I'm not one to damage other people's stuff but I really don't no what to do I even considered paying someone to take them down ����

Could you wrap a large elastic band around them or bung putty/play dough in them to silence them?

That way you're not stealing or damaging them and the neighbour might not even notice.

Could you wrap a large elastic band around them or bung putty/play dough in them to silence them?

That way you're not stealing or damaging them and the neighbour might not even notice.

I have thought of doing something like this I've thought of spraying it with some kinda thick spray to dampen the sound I've even thought of spraying them with salt water to make them rust hoping that would dampen the sound but knowing my look there made of aluminium lol

Edited by ukshotter

I know it's been mentioned before but has anyone Got any info on how I can get my nabours noisy metal wind chimes taken down I'm not one to complain but these wind chimes in qwestion are really starting to get on my nerves now last night they kept one of my kids up most of the night I've ask my nabour if they could possibly take them down I even offered them the money to pay for it as I didn't want them to be out of pocket but they refused.

I know some people will say just climb over and take them down but I'm not one for damaging other people's stuff I'd really rather not fall out with my nabour over this but I don't no what to do its also impossible to have a nap now in my own living room in silance when there is the slightest breeze out side.All you can here is wind chimes clanging away in the background.

Any sensible comments would be appreciated thanx.

I think your first mistake was being polite and discussing it with your neighbours !

If you had gone into their garden under cover of darkness and carefully removed said wind chine they would have been none the wiser.:)

Of course.. to avoid the risk of being accused of theft - maybe parcelling the wind chime up carefully and putting it through their letterbox with a strong advisory note attached would be the best course.

I think your first mistake was being polite and discussing it with your neighbours !

If you had gone into their garden under cover of darkness and carefully removed said wind chine they would have been none the wiser.:)

Of course.. to avoid the risk of being accused of theft - maybe parcelling the wind chime up carefully and putting it through their letterbox with a strong advisory note attached would be the best course.

I agree that would have been a good idea