Noisy wind chimes

I think your first mistake was being polite and discussing it with your neighbours !

If you had gone into their garden under cover of darkness and carefully removed said wind chine they would have been none the wiser.:)

Of course.. to avoid the risk of being accused of theft - maybe parcelling the wind chime up carefully and putting it through their letterbox with a strong advisory note attached would be the best course.

:huh:

What a lot of faffing about!

Just tell them that you've heard that there's a white transit been seen driving slowly around the area, and a few scroates looking over fences etc...

... they'll probably take their wind-chimes down themselves! :thumbsup:

I think your first mistake was being polite and discussing it with your neighbours !

If you had gone into their garden under cover of darkness and carefully removed said wind chine they would have been none the wiser.:)

Of course.. to avoid the risk of being accused of theft - maybe parcelling the wind chime up carefully and putting it through their letterbox with a strong advisory note attached would be the best course.

The above runs the risk of making things worse.

1. You did the correct thing in talking to your neighbour.

2. The reason its terrible is because going onto their property uninvited is trespass. Are you M or F, is your neighbour M or F and do they have a partner. In short have you envisaged what a full neighbour dispute will be like and are you ok with it?

3. Your options are: A) ring environmental health and then they would have to establish it fits the bill for statutory nuiscance. B) Talk to your neighbour again. if its a letter keep a copy. C) keep a diary for when distirbances happen D) If you or your neighbour are Council tenants then you can request a community mediator.

I very much doubt the police will be interested.

Talking to your neighbour is the best option, even if its just to establish the fact you are the one trying to sort out the issue.

Are they just decorative?

We had wind chimes for almost a year when the dog went blind (so he could find his doggy door) but took them down when he died.

Not much help but maybe there is a reason.

What about buying a quieter one (that doesn't irritate) and swapping them?

The above runs the risk of making things worse.

1. You did the correct thing in talking to your neighbour.

2. The reason its terrible is because going onto their property uninvited is trespass. Are you M or F, is your neighbour M or F and do they have a partner. In short have you envisaged what a full neighbour dispute will be like and are you ok with it?

3. Your options are: A) ring environmental health and then they would have to establish it fits the bill for statutory nuiscance. B) Talk to your neighbour again. if its a letter keep a copy. C) keep a diary for when distirbances happen D) If you or your neighbour are Council tenants then you can request a community mediator.

I very much doubt the police will be interested.

Talking to your neighbour is the best option, even if its just to establish the fact you are the one trying to sort out the issue.

Thanx for your advice I've spoken to the environmental health today they said it probably don't fit there criteria it seems to me there might not be much I can do appart from brake the low here in one way or another

Edited by ukshotter

What you could do is to nip over the fence, get the wind chimes, and hang them up in your garden. See how they like that.

:thumbsup: Give this chap a pint

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 13:56 ----------

My next door neighbours just put some wind chimes up, I personally love the noise they make (I can sleep through anything) and when the wind was quite bad Monday night they were making an absolute racket! They were no longer there come Tuesday morning, whether they broke or blew away or the neighbours decided it was too noisy even for them :)

Thanx for your advice I've spoken to the environmental health today they said it probably don't fit there criteria it seems to me there might not be much I can do appart from brake the low here in one way or another

The test for stautory nuisance is quite high and EH prosecute only in extreme cases becayse they lack resources. Trampolines, bouncy castles, wind chimes, cannabis are all banes of modern neighbour dipsutes.

The person who can sort this out is your neighbour, so you have to gauge them up and see what constructively will work with them.

When a neighbour wont budge, the Council or police arent interested, then you have to consider of you want to take legal action. This costs money. A letter might be enough, but this will often cause even more ill feeling so you have to tread carefully.

The creating your own noise or taking things into your own hands... then be careful.

Ps if the neughbour isnt an owner occupier, but a tenant, then you could try complaining to their LL.

Edited by 999tigger

I would explain to the neighbour that the wind chimes kept child up most of the night, next time this happens I would repeatedly knock on / ring the bell and make a complaint every hour the child was awake. I would make a note of this or maybe even s YouTube video. Failing all that I would take them down myself.

I personally sleep with ear plugs in as I can't fall asleep unless it is perfectly quiet.