Noisy wind chimes

Wow Dozer can only vaguely recall about white noise, interesting to see you can buy one and that you find it works.

I see its useful for tinnitus sufferers.

Is an example for anyone interested in hearing what it sounds like.

I think it might annoy me too much.

This one sounds a lot better and acceptable to me.

As a tinnitus sufferer myself (8 years), I find machines such as these totally useless and upsetting. What's the point of replacing one terrible noise with another? I want to hear silence, something that l last heard so long ago, I've forgotten what it sounds (or doesn't) like.

As a tinnitus sufferer myself (8 years), I find machines such as these totally useless and upsetting. What's the point of replacing one terrible noise with another? I want to hear silence, something that l last heard so long ago, I've forgotten what it sounds (or doesn't) like.

That must be hell. I've got tinnitus too, about the same length of time. But I'm lucky enough to really like fans as well as nature noises, so for me it's replacing a terrible noise with a nice one.

I listed a few suggestions as I've learned that different people have very different tastes with this sort of thing.

What I like about the lectrofan that 999tigger found is it appears to be more adjustable than the Marpac. So if you don't object to the noises in general, you can find one you like, and one that matches and cover the noise you're trying to cover, for example the horrible wind chimes.

But yeah, what I wouldn't give to hear silence again.

That must be hell. I've got tinnitus too, about the same length of time. But I'm lucky enough to really like fans as well as nature noises, so for me it's replacing a terrible noise with a nice one.

I listed a few suggestions as I've learned that different people have very different tastes with this sort of thing.

What I like about the lectrofan that 999tigger found is it appears to be more adjustable than the Marpac. So if you don't object to the noises in general, you can find one you like, and one that matches and cover the noise you're trying to cover, for example the horrible wind chimes.

Yeah, it's bought home quite terribly when you're out walking on the Derbyshire moors, miles from anything, and your girlfriend very innocently says 'Isn't it lovely and quiet!?' … to which I can only reply 'I haven't got the foggiest'. :(

What you could do is to nip over the fence, get the wind chimes, and hang them up in your garden. See how they like that.

Haha!

So Laurel and Hardy.:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 18:46 ----------

Thanx for your advice I've spoken to the environmental health today they said it probably don't fit there criteria it seems to me there might not be much I can do appart from brake the low here in one way or another

Selfish people mate.

Just a chime of the times.:|

I am with Alcoblog, I find replacing my tinnitus for other noise just adds to the frustration. Fortunately I haven't got horrible tinnitus (or I am able to deal with it?) although it does keep me awake at times (especially when waking up in the middle of the night).

I own some metal wind chimes and I agree there very noisy in the wind.

I wrap an elastic band around mine when its windy and take it off when it's not.

Your neighbour is out of order not doing the same it takes 15 seconds to do. I to have trouble sleeping when there chiming and have resorted to going out in the middle of the night when the wind's picked up to band them