Reds True BBQ Coming To Sheffield

verona

We went on Saturday and thought it was okay; Food was average:the service was really good and all the staff tried really hard to accommodate. Will try it again once it's settled on. Hard to criticise a place which has just opened as they are just finding their feet and they will iron things out over next weeks . True reviews will come later,

We went on Saturday and thought it was okay; Food was average:the service was really good and all the staff tried really hard to accommodate. Will try it again once it's settled on. Hard to criticise a place which has just opened as they are just finding their feet and they will iron things out over next weeks . True reviews will come later,

On the flip side I went to smoke when that opened and didn't have an issue.

An established chain should be able to anticipate the 'teething' issues and train their staff in accordance!!

A restaurant has a finite number of people who can come, not many variables to have to account for, just poor training/management!

An established chain should be able to anticipate the 'teething' issues and train their staff in accordance!!

A restaurant has a finite number of people who can come, not many variables to have to account for, just poor training/management!

Not only that, but reds constantly push that their food is cooked 'low and slow'. So surely 90% of the work should already be done? Meat has been slowly cooking/smoking all day, all that needs to be prepped fresh are sides.

Went to Reds with a party of 7, had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, food was great, drinks (cocktails) were good, beer was good, would go back again.

You were lucky then. Most of Ecclesall Road was out of power tonight when I drove up n down it.

It was out on the left (outbound) to Reds.

And out on the right as far as Walton Road.

• 2 weeks later...

Granted but you can never tell how the staff will react under pressure regardless of training.

Not only that, but reds constantly push that their food is cooked 'low and slow'. So surely 90% of the work should already be done? Meat has been slowly cooking/smoking all day, all that needs to be prepped fresh are sides.

I'm dubious about that. Do they keep the slow cooker on all night or do they cook stuff, freeze it, then serve it?

I know loads of restaurants serve this slow cooked stuff....I just don't believe them.

The time and effort to really do it properly signals to me that they've jumped on a bandwagon and thrown stuff on a plate.

'Real' burgers (not frozen) are 100 times better when served pink, just like steak is. Much more flavour.

I wouldn't want a burger van burger pink. But as the above post says it is nanny state crap. I lived in the states for 7 years and all the burgers there are served this way.

I like mine cooked, if it was going to be pink, I just go direct take slice off the cow in the field :)