Reds True BBQ Coming To Sheffield

verona

I'm dubious about that. Do they keep the slow cooker on all night or do they cook stuff, freeze it, then serve it?

I know loads of restaurants serve this slow cooked stuff....I just don't believe them.

The time and effort to really do it properly signals to me that they've jumped on a bandwagon and thrown stuff on a plate.

I often wonder this. Seems like it would be rather difficult to get right but they do have a wide open kitchen just like Smoke so surely people would spot them cheating.

I went yesterday had the Pitmaster sandwich and swine fries on the side. The sandwich had so much meat piled on that I had to remove half of it and eat separately which was a nice problem to have.

One thing I noticed is the menu states food comes out luke warm as that's how it leaves the pit but mine was just straight cold in places and it's been similar at smoke on both my visits there too. Maybe there's some truth to it or they just don't want to aggressively reheat things and dry them out...

Regardless I'd recommend a visit for any meat/beer lovers and I'll be going again for sure

Do you have sit on rough hewn pallets, drink out of jam jars and served up burnt road kill as in Smoke BBQ? This sort of outlet could only prosper in the north of England.

I thought the government was encouraging healthy eating, increasing vat on unhealthy food ... dining at these places you'd be better off adopting a diet of 30 fags a day and snorting cocaine, it would probably be better for you?

Take a look at the 'lard arse' Yanks ... that is the UK in 10 years time!

Well i'm off to try again today, so will report on how they are a couple of weeks after opening.

I'm hopeful for a much improved experience and meat :)

---------- Post added 02-05-2016 at 10:01 ----------

Do you have sit on rough hewn pallets, drink out of jam jars and served up burnt road kill as in Smoke BBQ? This sort of outlet could only prosper in the north of England.

I thought the government was encouraging healthy eating, increasing vat on unhealthy food ... dining at these places you'd be better off adopting a diet of 30 fags a day and snorting cocaine, it would probably be better for you?

Take a look at the 'lard arse' Yanks ... that is the UK in 10 years time!

No worse than eating fried fish and chips

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1459480 ;)

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 10:42 ----------

Very big improvement over our first visit, the food was ace, as were the wait times and service.

[/color]Very big improvement over our first visit, the food was ace, as were the wait times and service.

Any other comments now it's settled in? Is it worth a re visit?

It was a big improvement which wasn't hard. The food was cooked well, not outstanding (my ace comment maybe a bit OTT), but the service was very good and in good time.

I tried to mirror my original meal as much as possible, the ribs were great as was the brisket and pulled pork. The burnt ends while massively improved, I felt were still a little off Smokes standard, as was the £9 price tag!

If parking was better I would probably visit again, but due to the location (for me anyway) Smoke still comes out tops.

Worth a visit though, and I suggest going at dinner time as this is when we re-visited and service was much improved.

The re-visit was paid for by Reds, but I have not let that influence my opinion.