Going to Thailand late April best places to visit please.

Or perhaps I wasn't hanging around the back alleys enough.

That could be true! I watched a programme on telly a few years back regarding this, and it appeared to show that the ladies didn't make it oblivious to what trade they were peddling. It would be wrong for me to say with confidence that it's rife and widespread, as I've not had the fortune to visit Thailand, but from what research that is available it seems pretty clear that there is a thriving Ladies Of The Night industry in many areas of Thailand, and as long as men are willing to travel and pay, will no doubt continue!!

300 times more british are in thai jails than any other national. Theres a prison blog about it from a real life british prisoner.

What absolute tosh.

By far, the majority of foreign prisoners in Thailand are from other SE Asian countries and then Nigeria tops the list.

Hope so got me thinking all these replys

Just hoping I have made the right decision now ��

i would ignore the comments about thai prostitutes, yes of course there are some and some areas with the girly bars are usually in the same place so can be avoided but to be fair its all part of the fun and atmosphere seeing thew girls trying to hook dumb western men and sometimes they dont know that they are "Katoi" lady boys until its too late lol they wont accost you in fact the last time i went with my kids and were walking down streets they were very respectful. just go and enjoy it and dont be shy;)

Thanks we will enjoy it I'm sure.

We do enjoy traveling and also enjoy a drink just hope we will be safe I feel a bit on edge now.

Will be ok though.

Do you know if there is wifi on Emirates

And can we get from Ko Lanta back to Phuket direct?

Thanks Xx

Or perhaps I wasn't hanging around the back alleys enough.

Back alleys? It is in full sight, in bars, massage parlours.

You're either very naive, somehow (no idea how) missed it all, or walked around with eyes and ears closed.

Do I get to the film beach (the beach ) from phi phi island?

I Defo want to go there.

I may book this if so for the 6th of May which is my partners birthday if it takes us out for the full day.

Lanta.

Is this in Krabi?

Do you go there from phi phi?

Something like this?

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/lanta-sand-resort-spa.en-gb.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_GBIE_5226314545-RnYQj%2AqnIkYg15Re%2ASD5mgS85657670905%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=a969a16d7a5c956958fbe58c4562af25;dcid=4;checkin=2016-05-10;checkout=2016-05-14;dist=0;group_adults=2;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;srfid=692613dd502283d5ddbff49931f2af55085f74fcX2;type=total;ucfs=1&

And can we get back to Phuket directly from there if we was to stay? Xx

Thanks

Yes, Maya Bay is where the beach was filmed and easily accessible by long tail boat from Phi Phi.

A private taxi will cost around £60 for 6/7 hours and they will take you to all the parts near Phi Phi. Or you can get a trip with others at around £11 each. That pretty much does the same but you go by their schedule.

You can get to Phuket/Krabi from Lanta. The boats are clearly marked and their timetables are online and in the tour operators on the islands.

You don't need to go to Krabi unless you want to, but it is mainland not an island.

The hotels have all been decent which we have stayed in, but we looked at loss before deciding on each place.

Look through the trip advisor reviews and find one that suits you from the comments and pictures and price.

The one I'm in currently is on a massive hillside, people had mentioned this, but we didn't expect to be met with what can only be described as a comparison to Mount Everest, and coupled in with the heat of 33c in the shade (there is none), it is murder to get to our room and dripping with sweat as the heat is non stop, even at like 2am.

With you going in May, it is worthwhile ensuring any rooms you book can be amended/cancelled at short notice.

May is sometimes part of the monsoon season, which will cause strong winds and make boats cancel their schedules.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293915-s208/Thailand:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html

But again, it will be fantastic no matter what happens, what you do, or delays that are caused.because if something delays you, it gives you an opportunity to do something else.

As for being locked up abroad, I don't envisage you being targeted by a police

Force who are only strict when it needs to be.

Or perhaps it's not quite as obvious as you think Robbie.

I spent a week in Patong, during the water festival week. And as I already commented, most of the massage parlours (of which there are many) have big signs up specifically saying "no sex".

In a fortnight I had 8 massages I believe, and I wasn't even once asked if I wanted a happy ending.

Given that many of the massages are only "private" by virtue of a curtain I imagine that I could have heard if any other customers were getting more than a muscle rub!

You definitely want hotel rooms with air conditioning. Ours failed for 1 night and I barely slept (and got bitten that same night as I wasn't IN the bed).

The food and the massages were the best part of the experience for me. And the sea was so warm, nice to dive in.

Myself and my late husband have been to Pattaya and Phuket several times. Thailand is a fabulous place. But a word of warning: Stay clear of all drugs, penalties are severe for anything involving drugs, even for what is considered minor here will get you a prison sentence. Behave and you will have a wonderful time.

Thanks we will enjoy it I'm sure.

We do enjoy traveling and also enjoy a drink just hope we will be safe I feel a bit on edge now.

Will be ok though.

Do you know if there is wifi on Emirates

And can we get from Ko Lanta back to Phuket direct?

Thanks Xx

you will love it and we have always felt safe even verylate at night even with kids in tow! afew years ago.

yes i fly emirates regularly all the A380s have wi fi but not all the 777s.

enjoy!

Or perhaps it's not quite as obvious as you think Robbie.

I spent a week in Patong, during the water festival week. And as I already commented, most of the massage parlours (of which there are many) have big signs up specifically saying "no sex".

In a fortnight I had 8 massages I believe, and I wasn't even once asked if I wanted a happy ending.

Given that many of the massages are only "private" by virtue of a curtain I imagine that I could have heard if any other customers were getting more than a muscle rub!

You definitely want hotel rooms with air conditioning. Ours failed for 1 night and I barely slept (and got bitten that same night as I wasn't IN the bed).

The food and the massages were the best part of the experience for me. And the sea was so warm, nice to dive in.

8 massages hey ;) you dirty dawg. Ha ha.

Only kidding.

I think perhaps your innocence to circumstances may have stopped you seeing certain aspects.

Either way we are going away from the point, I was merely reporting on what I'd been told. It doesn't make anyone a bad person or a sex cretin for going to these places, nor does it make the places any less nicer to visit.

Air conditioning as you say is a must, if you don't have it, you will be finding a new hotel the following day.