Summer in Ranmoor

Ousetunes

I notice that the Bull's Head in Ranmoor is now the benefactor of a truly impressive beer garden, newly created where the car-park used to be. It's got seats which are actually of a comfortable nature (not picnic benches) and it will be a fab place to chill out on a summer's evening.

Then you've got West 10 with its impressive food and even more impressive wine list. Another nice though smaller terraced area where I hope to spend a summer's evening this year.

The Ranmoor Inn is not my favourite pub but you must admit the views of St. John's Church makes it too a great place for a pint or nine in summer.

The Fulwood Inn has the largest outside beer terrace in the area and can be a real sun trap.

Thus, I am looking forward to summer evening or two in Ranmoor as the pubs and bistro seem to have really got their act together of late.

PS - A fab new decked area has recently been added to the Shiny Sheff/Sheffield. The views from there will surpass anything Ranmoor has to offer. An evening sunset looking over the golfcourse with a pint....,

(It's also a spit away from my house!:thumbsup: )

Personally feel the Ranmoor is a nicer pub than the Bull. However must admit that the new beer garden at the bull is impressive, especially as it has resulted in the removal of the last off street parking for any of the pubs. But it definitely does add to Ranmoor.

PS - A fab new decked area has recently been added to the Shiny Sheff/Sheffield. The views from there will surpass anything Ranmoor has to offer. An evening sunset looking over the golfcourse with a pint....,

(It's also a spit away from my house!:thumbsup: )

Smokers beware however, The Landlord of the Shiny Sheff hates you with a passion. Not only is the whole pub now non smoking, but the outside terrace is aswell. I think he's dropped the no hats rule for men, no tradesmen in their work clothes, and no mobile phones inside rule.

I believe you are allowed to purchase overpriced alcohol though still.

Archived