Charity hawkers in High Street stores.

I have noticed people hovering around display boards and smiling broadly at me recently in the entrance to WH Smiths, Co-op and others. I presume they are employed by the relevant charity to raise its profile in some way or to solicit money from shoppers but someone has had to give them permission to set-up shop in someone else's shop. Are they on commission? Has anyone else encountered them?

I resent having to side-step them whilst attempting to do my shopping and I will normally turn right around and leave if I encounter such people attempting to exploit others' vulnerabilities. Charities have a bad enough reputation at the moment, buying lists of donors and harassing people to give and give some more without me having to avoid them whilst shopping.

Make a complaint then to WH Smiths and also the charity concerned.

I have done, making the point about WH Smith putting people off going in. They never replied. They asked my wife if she needed any beauty products a while ago. I would have like to have replied, only if she was as ugly as you, but I have been brought up too well.

I have noticed people hovering around display boards and smiling broadly at me recently in the entrance to WH Smiths, Co-op and others. I presume they are employed by the relevant charity to raise its profile in some way or to solicit money from shoppers but someone has had to give them permission to set-up shop in someone else's shop. Are they on commission? Has anyone else encountered them?

I resent having to side-step them whilst attempting to do my shopping and I will normally turn right around and leave if I encounter such people attempting to exploit others' vulnerabilities. Charities have a bad enough reputation at the moment, buying lists of donors and harassing people to give and give some more without me having to avoid them whilst shopping.

Just ignore them! and don't let them make you feel awkward.. depending on my mood I sometimes stare them right in the eyes and don't say a word to them as I walk passed.. other times I'll be friendly and say no thanks! I don't let them stop me from going into that particular shop.

Anyway, I thought there was a new rule that they are not allowed to approach people and have to wait until they are approached by interested folk?? or is that just supermarkets...

Oh actually I tell you what, those people at the nail bar in meadowhall near the main elevators wind me up!! doesnt matter if they see you walk passed them a thousand times and say no they'll keep on asking you!! Now them I can't help but be annoyed by :hihi:

Just ignore them! and don't let them make you feel awkward.. depending on my mood I sometimes stare them right in the eyes and don't say a word to them as I walk passed.. other times I'll be friendly and say no thanks! I don't let them stop me from going into that particular shop.

Anyway, I thought there was a new rule that they are not allowed to approach people and have to wait until they are approached by interested folk?? or is that just supermarkets...

Oh actually I tell you what, those people at the nail bar in meadowhall near the main elevators wind me up!! doesnt matter if they see you walk passed them a thousand times and say no they'll keep on asking you!! Now them I can't help but be annoyed by :hihi:

I have had abusive comments when I have ignored them. I still ignore them but I do wonder if any of them have received a bunch of fives from anybody.