Dissapearance Of Lewis Haines

JBFox

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Who made you moderator? A case in the public media is in the public interest to be discussed. If you don't like a thread, you can move on. But the rest of us on this thread feel there are issues surrounding the case that need to be discussed.

Not moderating at all nor wish to . If you think their is more to this then go to the Police.

8 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

Not moderating at all nor wish to . If you think their is more to this then go to the Police.

Need hard evidence to go to the police. There are several pieces that I feel need putting together.

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Need hard evidence to go to the police. There are several pieces that I feel need putting together.

C'mon Irene do ar hey 👋 

• Like 1

On 18/03/2024 at 01:11, Irene Swaine said:

I have been learning more about that river. It's not a deep river at the area around Matilda Street. I don't think it would be strong enough to convey an adult male down the stream. I keep thinking about how his father said he heard the car reversing..and the blood that he washed away from the step. If Lewis never made it to his home in Gleadless, who was at the address that night and whose blood was it?

Easy to drown in a couple of feet of water if you fall in and bang your head,

21 hours ago, Longcol said:

Easy to drown in a couple of feet of water if you fall in and bang your head,

Good point. One theory was that he slipped in there. But that still doesn't explain how he was carried such a distance in the water, if that is what happened.

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Good point. One theory was that he slipped in there. But that still doesn't explain how he was carried such a distance in the water, if that is what happened.

What distande was he carried and over how long? AFAIK the rivers down that end  - Porter Brook and Sheaf - are both largely underground which would have  greatly reduced the possibility of a body being spotted.

36 minutes ago, Longcol said:

What distande was he carried and over how long? AFAIK the rivers down that end  - Porter Brook and Sheaf - are both largely underground which would have  greatly reduced the possibility of a body being spotted.

The reports said the River Don and I want to say he was found near Attercliffe but not 100% sure and some news reports surrounding this case have been removed since I last looked at it.

17 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The reports said the River Don and I want to say he was found near Attercliffe but not 100% sure and some news reports surrounding this case have been removed since I last looked at it.

Potentially only one moderately heavy rain event needed  to move a body that far given the Sheaf is largely in culverts from roundabout at bottom of Granville Road through to confluence with the Don.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Potentially only one moderately heavy rain event needed  to move a body that far given the Sheaf is largely in culverts from roundabout at bottom of Granville Road through to confluence with the Don.

I believe you but I do note that the summer of 1995 was a particularly hot and dry one. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

I believe you but I do note that the summer of 1995 was a particularly hot and dry one. 

Best part of an inch of rain in 7 September would have shifted a lot of stuff downstream pretty sharpish.