Albion Hotel, Verdon St, Pitsmoor

I am researching pubs in Sheffield that have closed and I wondered if anyone had any memories/ pictures they could share of this pub that shut around 1968?

Please feel free to share on here, pm me or email sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

Thanks

Jamie

Went in Albion more than once it was full of west indians they were good folks

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 09:22 ----------

Think Jamaicans went in as well but were all ok with

---------- Post added 29-01-2016 at 09:22 ----------

Think Jamaicans went in as well but were all ok with

I thought that Jamaican's were West Indian or Caribbean's.... but anyhow ... a classmate of mine At Burngreave school-1958-62, Michael Willougby (and his sister) the licensee was their uncle, resided there. and when the 'Albion' was the subject of re-development, the family moved -in 1966 -to another 'Ward's' pub. the 'Tea Gardens' on Grimesthorpe Road.

• 1 month later...
The Albion Hotel was on Earsham Street next to the funeral directors.
There were three pubs called the "Albion Hotel" or simply "The Albion" in Sheffield, on Earsham Street, Mitchell Street and London Road. The OP is evidently referring to the "Albion Tavern" on Verdon Street. Here are links to two photos on the picturesheffield.com site.

The pub later became the Golden Peach then a real house called Mill Tavern then closed for good the building now disused.

Thanks - I think it was the Golden Perch.

Hillsboro - thank you I knew this was definitely a hotel as my great grandparents owned it and I know they had guests staying. I'm not 100% sure but recall it may have been a 6 day house (closed on Sunday).