The great British benefits handout.

danot

Now I've seen it all. Just seen a channel 5 programme advertised Penned as a unique experiment.

Channel 5 are airing a programme in which they give British families on benefits a briefcase containing a years worth of benefits up front to see whether they blow the lot.

Starts February 9th.

I thought from the title you were referring to British businesses who are by far the biggest recipients of benefits in this country.

You mean that they benefit from the taxes that they pay so the government can take a management slice before giving a smaller amount than they paid back to them. ;)

Now I've seen it all. Just seen a channel 5 programme advertised Penned as a unique experiment.

Channel 5 are airing a programme in which they give British families on benefits a briefcase containing a years worth of benefits up front to see whether they blow the lot.

Starts February 9th.

They are actually given the £26,000 to open up a business, during this time they are not eligible to claim any benefits. I know someone on the show and although you would think it was easy, it was so hard. Going from one extreme to the other. Before you judge, just watch the show 9th February please.

They are actually given the £26,000 to open up a business, during this time they are not eligible to claim any benefits. I know someone on the show and although you would think it was easy, it was so hard. Going from one extreme to the other. Before you judge, just watch the show 9th February please.

For the record, I'm not judging anyone, I'm merely relaying what I saw and heard.

Starts February 9th.

Perhaps Channel 5 could start a unique experiment in producing quality television that is both challenging, rewarding and unique. Instead of relying on cheapo ****e

Perhaps Channel 5 could start a unique experiment in producing quality television that is both challenging, rewarding and unique. Instead of relying on cheapo ****e

Or make a fly on the wall, benefit Street style programme about the millionaire tax dodgers.