McCloskey's Apocalypse

EdmundH

Forgive me if I'm thinking of the wrong band, but did they have a band member named Ray, a partner in a building company at Hunters Bar? Half way through a set he'd put his instrument down, get out an electric screwdriver and knock up a four shelf Ikea unit then resume playing :D

Was that McCloskey's Apocalypse?

;D

Forgive me if I'm thinking of the wrong band, but did they have a band member named Ray, a partner in a building company at Hunters Bar? Half way through a set he'd put his instrument down, get out an electric screwdriver and knock up a four shelf Ikea unit then resume playing :D

Was that McCloskey's Apocalypse?

;D

I think the details might be wrong* but in general you're right. The last time I saw Raymond Stanley Higgins he was up a ladder outside a house at Hunters Bar.

*IKEA and McCloskey's weren't concurrent, so it would most probably have been an MFI four shelf unit.

Edited by 1789a

1789a and EdmundH - thanks for your replies.

I knew Ray Higgins years ago in the Lescar taproom in the 80's - 90's. I used to print his billheads for a couple of years. He told me about his time once spent in a band but never named it.

Then another time he mentioned a temporary comeback of the band at the non pots and there I saw him constructing the shelf unit on stage as McCloskey's Apocalypse jammed :thumbsup: They went on to do a handful more local gigs for a while.

1789a - I think they might have touched into IKEA time at those comeback gigs .. just. Or maybe Ray knocked it up from bits of MDF offcuts left over from a job ;)

1789a - I think they might have touched into IKEA time at those comeback gigs .. just. Or maybe Ray knocked it up from bits of MDF offcuts left over from a job ;)

I stand corrected, IKEA were around at the time of the reunion gigs.

As you were.