Can no longer open Douwe Egberts Coffee Jars

Douwe Egberts Coffee. I love the stuff, but the last couple of those plastic seal airtight jars are just about impossible to open. I wondered if the tops are getting tighter or whether drinking coffee is making me weaker?

Has anyone else noticed this. I have to use spoons to get into the jars.

I noticed this about other jars...thought it was me!

This tool has opened all the screw-type lids I've thrown at it including those large pickle jars:

http://www.culinare.com/products/detaila0a1.html?category_ID=9&index=3

it's not screw top tho... it's glass, with rubber seal (like a biscuit tin) - but when it's new, the seal is VERY tight and often difficult to open without coffee going everywhere! :)

I too have tried to remove what looks like the lid off a jar of Douwe Egberts (pure gold), only to fail miserably.

I have come to the conclusion that the lid is not designed to be removed, rather just a means by which to get the pure gold in, after the dead coffee beans have been through both the cremation and cremulation ceremonies. Thereupon, the lid is permanently fused to the funerary jar, allowing the bean ash to be put on see-through hermetic public display for all time, without losing any of it's aroma.

I've buried two of these coffee sarcophaguses in the back garden under an exquisitely crafted cardboard pyramid for future generations. Hopefully, in 10.000 years time, mankind will have developed the advanced technology by which to open these, making what it can of the perfectly preserved contents.