Tax details published, what is to hide?

This isn't about who earns what, it's about who earns what from where and it's the WHERE that is the important part.

It's already been mentioned; you are after the register of interests.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/contents1516.htm

The only thing it doesn't give is the values earned from secondary incomes, such as rent from property.

Cameron:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/160125/cameron_david.htm

Corbyn:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/160125/corbyn_jeremy.htm

So a football club or or a supermarket or a clothing retailer or for example that was making a loss would still have to pay the tax.

Yes , because it would have nothing to do with profit and only apply to companies who are based overseas whether that be their headquarters or other criteria . All companies have to pay business rates whether they make a loss or profit . It's reasonable to assume most large overseas companies trading in the retail and service sectors in the UK are making profits . The size of the profit would be irrelevant to this Jonny Foreigner Tax .

Yes , because it would have nothing to do with profit and only apply to companies who are based overseas whether that be their headquarters or other criteria . All companies have to pay business rates whether they make a loss or profit . It's reasonable to assume most large overseas companies trading in the retail and service sectors in the UK are making profits . The size of the profit would be irrelevant to this Jonny Foreigner Tax .

Seems to be so simple from where you sit doesn't it.

And how do you define large overseas companies?

Most companies doing business in UK are UK companies.

If it will give them tax brakes they will move ownership to UK holding company and they will not be large overseas any more.

Will name similarity be enough to be liable?

Or should we just tax money coming out of country?

Like taxing your spendings on Maldives.

CT is fairly watertight and still they manage to go around it.

Any other tax will share same fate.

So if you were such a company, it would be wise to close down the UK operation and just transfer the UK business somewhere else. Shame about the jobs.

All the people who are against our politicians publicly showing their tax returns, are you not in the slightest bit interested where they get their income from? Surely if they owned a lot of property and consistently voted against tighter rental controls would you not start to wonder if that was solely for self-interest? Many other examples of where knowing where our 'leaders' get their money from would force them to be more transparent.

Have you never heard of this?

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem.htm

It's already been mentioned; you are after the register of interests.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/contents1516.htm

The only thing it doesn't give is the values earned from secondary incomes, such as rent from property.

Cameron:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/160125/cameron_david.htm

Corbyn:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/160125/corbyn_jeremy.htm

Exactly, it misses out key things like property income, stocks and shares, investments in specific companies and so on. These are things that politicians should have out in the open in my opinion. As I've said, I'm not concerned with how much they have, we have rich MPs and we have relatively poor ones, all can do a good or bad job, but to not be able to see where an MPs interests lie and may affect how they vote in the Commons I think is bad.

True, but they are tax deductible, and only apply to their own premises.

No, I mean actual Sales , think about the logic .

You clearly didn't read my post properly.

What do we call a tax on sales?

VAT... that's what we call it.

And who pays it?

The consumer.

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 15:08 ----------

Spot on, you have identified the similarity, which is exactly my point. Both are legally private information and you or I have no rights to either pieces of information for anyone. Until this changes you effectively doing nothing, and you are doing a half assed job at that.

So your argument is. Tax affairs are currently private, thus they are identical to all other private things, and to suggest that one should be made private is to suggest that all should be made private. :roll:

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 15:09 ----------

VAT applies only to sales made to not VAT registered individuals or small companies.

It does not apply to B2B sector.

Actually it does. I charge VAT to my clients, they charge VAT to their clients.

The key difference is that ones VAT paid can be recovered from the VAT collected and only the difference is handed over.

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 15:10 ----------

How do you define manufacturing?

Starbucks manufactures cups full of coffee out of raw materials.

Tata steel manufactures steel out of ore.

There are already definitions for such things, although why one sector should be excluded I've no idea.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell has published his tax return and has urged Chancellor George Osborne to do the same. Everyone, and every company should have to do this. The Conservative are so very much anti-public sector, you would think at the very least they would be pushing for all employees paid by the state to have their tax details published. What is to be ashamed of?

What i earn and what i declare are not for public knowledge . What i tell the taxman is on a need to know basis . Some things they need to know , some things they dont.

Why would i want that in the public arena ?