Parking fine issued by wardens parked in disabled bay

It's understandible someone given a ticket will feel a little aggrieved if a traffic warden or civil enforcement officer is arrogantly flaunting parking rules which apply to everyone else .

Also why do these civil enforcement officials have to go around in pairs ?

Yes they are.

Liveried vehicles are exempt in a number of occasions to safely carry out there work. That includes civil enforcement,police,highways etc.

“There are exemptions for liveried Council vehicles to park on double yellow lines when officers are carrying out statutory duties or work that requires the vehicle to be in close proximity.

“While we would prefer staff observe parking restrictions there are occasions when for operational reasons vehicles need to be parked close by.”

THIS

Any services running blue lights or enforcing traffic regulations have some exemptions and special rules. They have to do it within reason of course, but it doesn't seem as they were blocking some major trunk road.

Those powers are quite necessary for them to be able to do their job.

As already noted by others, just accept you got lucky that it was the civil enforcement that got you rather than the police.

The police would have issued you a fixed penalty £60 and 3 points. It’s a "must not" in the HC and is treated more seriously due to the obvious dangers to pedestrians.

Those 3 points could then end up having a knock on effect on your next insurance quote.

They like the police are not exempt from parking regulations but are not usually issued with a ticket if they breach them.

I was under the impression that the police were exempt from such regulations as well, if on duty.

Edit - someone already clarified, yes they are.

OK

It's understandible someone given a ticket will feel a little aggrieved if a traffic warden or civil enforcement officer is arrogantly flaunting parking rules which apply to everyone else .

Also why do these civil enforcement officials have to go around in pairs ?

I think you're confused to be honest. Its not arrogance or flouting of laws. They're just doing their job.

OK

I think you're confused to be honest. Its not arrogance or flouting of laws. They're just doing their job.

I am not at all confused . See my Lincoln link below , the two civil enforcement officers behaved arrogantly and it was their vehicle which was parked inappropriately causing an obstruction and not the vehicle they gave a ticket to. I have witnessed different traffic wardens doing their jobs both arrogantly and humbly .

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2013/06/lincoln-parking-wardens-on-double-yellow/

As already noted by others, just accept you got lucky that it was the civil enforcement that got you rather than the police.

The police would have issued you a fixed penalty £60 and 3 points. It’s a "must not" in the HC and is treated more seriously due to the obvious dangers to pedestrians.

Those 3 points could then end up having a knock on effect on your next insurance quote.

It's actually a Traffic offence report that would be issued. As a minimum you would receive a £100 fine and three points.

If there is a history of previous motoring convictions it could result in a visit to court!

I am not at all confused . See my Lincoln link below , the two civil enforcement officers behaved arrogantly and it was their vehicle which was parked inappropriately causing an obstruction and not the vehicle they gave a ticket to. I have witnessed different traffic wardens doing their jobs both arrogantly and humbly .

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2013/06/lincoln-parking-wardens-on-double-yellow/

Your link verifies your confusion. It proves that in order to do their job the wardens have dispensation to park in restricted zones. It's exactly what I described but with a greater level of detail. So thanks for that.

Your link verifies your confusion. It proves that in order to do their job the wardens have dispensation to park in restricted zones. It's exactly what I described but with a greater level of detail. So thanks for that.

I am happy to have been of assistance :roll:

I am confused why it required two men and a motor vehicle parked causing an obstruction to issue the ticket :huh:

Are you a traffic warden or civil enforcement officer ?