National borders are becoming irrelevant, says John McDonnell

I don't know what you're talking about in relation to the swimming lessons.

Wow, so you do think that a billion people are ready and able to to come here but the only thing stopping them is our borders, could you explain how your links back up your claim?

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 13:50 ----------

I'd like to think that our liberal democracies have moved beyond tolerating the gunning down of civilians.

Its a nice thought but when push comes to shove people will tolerate it and even join in to protect what they have from those that don't have it but want it.

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 15:17 ----------

I simply do not believe that 1 billion people want to live in the UK.

You didn't understand my point, I didn't say that I couldn't tolerate it, I said I couldn't image a liberal democracy tolerating it.

I'm not saying that I want national borders to become irrelevant, I just think that it's a natural evolution of globalisation and it's a huge challenge that the West has to find a solution to.

I would bet money that if the poor of the world were invited to come and live in the UK they would try to get here, it wouldn't reach a billion because the country would be worse than the countries they are leaving well before that number arrived.