Rolling Stones, Sheffield Gaumont, '65

RiffRaff

So very long ago....and they're still going too!

Wonder how much I paid?!

I've just looked up the tour records, to find that the Spencer Davis band were on the same bill, as well as The End, who (from memory) had some connection to Bill Wyman.

Strangely, I really only remember "Charles Dickens and The Habits" on the same bill, never to be heard of/seen again!

Did they play at The City Hall before this.im sure that's where I saw them in 63 or 64.

As above I still like there early stuff but couldn't enthuse about going to see them when they were at Don Valley.

Never the same after Brian Jones was ditched.

saw them at same location a couple of years earlier---very good show with loads of bands-would have cost about 5 bob--

would not pay 5 bob for them now----they sold out pretty quick

I think concert you refer to was 'The Four Cities Rhythm and Blues Show' put on by the Stringfellow brothers around November 12th 1963 but at the City Hall. The cities represented were Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool and London. The Stones topped the bill (they opened with Chuck Berry's 'Johnny B. Goode') and were the only London group on the bill, as the 'Big Three' were the only Liverpool outfit. Sheffield -at least four-and Manchester -two-provided more groups, namely, 'Vance Arnold and the Avengers' and 'Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders'. Best concert I ever went to (thanks to Pete and Geoff.)