Parent & Child parking spaces

Put the spaces at the back of the car park.

If there was ever a group that needed more a bit more exercise it's new mummies with their collapsed pelvic floors and their obese offspring.

:|

I don't have a problem with them put the parking spaces further away however some mums suffer with PGP (me included) and I couldn't walk very far during pregnancy or sometime after. This was not laziness, I just physically couldn't walk faster than snails pace or very far.

Oh and my offspring aren't obese.

I don't have a problem with them put the parking spaces further away however some mums suffer with PGP (me included) and I couldn't walk very far during pregnancy or sometime after. This was not laziness, I just physically couldn't walk faster than snails pace or very far.

Oh and my offspring aren't obese.

So you can walk miles round a supermarket but have to park next to the door?

No I could not. I would only get the odd thing so I didn't have to go very far or only if it was something I needed to see for myself before buying. I would often send me husband shopping as I couldn't manage the walk and I couldnt push a trolley.

It takes time for a woman's body to recover even if they don't suffer from Pelvic Girdle Pain. Some woman of course dont have a partner and have to struggle. My sister had PGP too and 9 months later still struggles sometimes.

However I still think that the child spaces would be better further away. As on the whole most parents can manage.

Maybe the lady with the convertible Mercedes didn't want her car being scratched by the door of another car as a consequence of the very narrow regular parking spaces in supermarket carparks .

Yeah that's why I use them all the time with or without the kids :thumbsup:

Put the spaces at the back of the car park.

If there was ever a group that needed more a bit more exercise it's new mummies with their collapsed pelvic floors and their obese offspring.

:|

Good idea, but flawed.

Would you really want a group of people with un-predictable children to have to walk all the way across a busy car park? Especially when there is an easier, already implemented solution?

This would never happen, no supermarket chain would want to deal with the visit from the HSE when a child gets killed!

Good idea, but flawed.

Would you really want a group of people with un-predictable children to have to walk all the way across a busy car park? Especially when there is an easier, already implemented solution?

This would never happen, no supermarket chain would want to deal with the visit from the HSE when a child gets killed!

You are making a very good point. The simple solution is to ban under 14's from supermarkets and do away with parent and child parking spaces completely.

as far as i'm aware, Blue badge holders can park in any space that's the most convenient for them, that includes parent and child spaces.... (blue badge holders can also use NCP and council property to park without enforcement)

As for people with kids at home using them, that I don't agree with....

But also, I did read somewhere (can't remember where or the original source) that anyone can park anywhere in a supermarket car park, as it's not legally enforceable by the local parking officers or street police etc...

Supermarkets may have their own rules for their car parks, but it's up to them to enforce them...

Edited by Ghozer

as far as i'm aware, Blue badge holders can park in any space that's the most convenient for them, that includes parent and child spaces.... (blue badge holders can also use NCP and council property to park without enforcement)

As for people with kids at home using them, that I don't agree with....

But also, I did read somewhere (can't remember where or the original source) that anyone can park anywhere in a supermarket car park, as it's not legally enforceable by the local parking officers or street police etc...

Supermarkets may have their own rules for their car parks, but it's up to them to enforce them...

I read some thing which said a vehicle owner is only legally obliged to give details to the Police and Council who was driving a vehicle when asked . From my understanding anyone getting a ticket in a supermarket carpark can just refuse to say who parked the vehicle .