Parent & Child parking spaces

Yes it is unenforceable on a supermarket car park. However for use ease of everyone it makes sense to obey it. It's not easy getting a child out of a car seat in a normal parking space. I'm sure a fair few neighbouring cars must have been damaged over the years. Not by us as far as I am aware but I'm sure it must happen.

We don't use parent/child spaces very often as it's pretty common for the all of them to be taken. However if they were located somewhere other than the entrance then I suspect we would get to use them more often.

Pregnancy is not an illness, neither is being a parent.

i dont know why these spaces exist at all.

Have you ever been pregnant? If so did you have any complications related to it? Pregnancy in itself is not an illness but that doesn't mean all pregnancies are problem free.

Put the spaces at the back of the car park.

If there was ever a group that needed more a bit more exercise it's new mummies with their collapsed pelvic floors and their obese offspring.

:|

This kind of offended me. I have a 1 year old that isn't and has never obese and I go to the gym to do mma regularly lol so as you can imagine my pelvic floor is perfectly fine lol. It's stupid people that just don't understand the meaning of parent and baby. I'm more worried about my little one and myself getting knocked down by these plebs who clearly have no respect, and are lazy. like 90% of the time there's a space a few meters up. They just can't be bother to walk their back sides an extra few meters. Rant over :)

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 19:50 ----------

Have you ever been pregnant? If so did you have any complications related to it? Pregnancy in itself is not an illness but that doesn't mean all pregnancies are problem free.

Not saying it was an illness being pregnant but I had hyperemesis all the way through my pregnancy... not to mention being on crutches because of pregnancy x

Pregnancy is not an illness, neither is being a parent.

i dont know why these spaces exist at all.

The spaces exist for people like me that have to open their door for a kicking and screaming child which doesn't want to go back into her car seat. If that extra space wasn't there, I'd be paying put a lot of insurance claims for the car door going into someone's car.

This kind of offended me. I have a 1 year old that isn't and has never obese and I go to the gym to do mma regularly lol so as you can imagine my pelvic floor is perfectly fine lol. It's stupid people that just don't understand the meaning of parent and baby. I'm more worried about my little one and myself getting knocked down by these plebs who clearly have no respect, and are lazy. like 90% of the time there's a space a few meters up. They just can't be bother to walk their back sides an extra few meters. Rant over :)

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 19:50 ----------

Not saying it was an illness being pregnant but I had hyperemesis all the way through my pregnancy... not to mention being on crutches because of pregnancy x

Last year I had a bad sports injury that took about 6 months to repair. You should have seen some of the looks I got when I parked in the disabled / mother & child spaces and hobbled to the store. :|

I'm not suprised. I got looks when everyone I pulled over to spew my guts up while I was pregnant. Not to mention to the time in primark they had to take me up to the staff canteen because I was frightening all the customers off being sick everywhere.. All because I had hyperemesis.

It winds me up more when I see people with kids that are about 10 year old parking in baby and child. Child is not in a car seat. Booster if that. They don't need it.. grinds my gears so much.. I'll be quiet now because I'm going to morrisons tomorrow and if I see anyone doing it ill be shouting at them or leaving notes on windscreens haha

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 20:14 ----------

How come when I see all disabled space are filled with brand new cars

My dad's disabled and got a new car.. Mercedes actually lol. It's because my mum has her own business so earns the money to buy one. Quite a few of the people I know who claim disability have a mobility car.. which means they get a brand new car. That may be why

Some are just too stuck up to park a couple of steps down the car park.

---------- Post added 01-02-2016 at 20:16 ----------

Some are just too stuck up to park a couple of steps down the car park.

Can you think of any cons? Cons for people that cannot claim or have a new car then yes.. don't think there is any for the disabled. They get tax and insurance paid and a new car.. what could be bad about that lol